The Light within the Shadow, makes pretty things
Tempt the devil with an Angel's grace.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace stood as dawn broke, orange and lovely across the mountain range. He tilted his head and looked all about him. Shaking the cold from his limbs, and the sleep from his eyes, he began to move. He trotted slowly at first, tearing up the ground with long limber limbs. It was a beautiful day, and he was going to revel in it. He remembered briefly of his talk with Vienna. He had promised her, he would try again. Though frankly he didn't want too. He didn't want to be anywhere near Sumayl, but for his sister he would try.

It was a quandary though, because the other male was determined to think the worst of him, despite that he tried to show the best. He did not respect him, did not like him, and he didn't know what to do to fix it. He couldn't have a subordinate blatantly disrespecting him. It did not look well, especially with Amekaze leaving, he couldn't have those below him going crazy without her. It would make her not want to go again, and he did not wish that on her. He knew Ame loved to travel, loved to learn of natural things. He would not take that from her.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
are you ok with bringing this up to date maybe?

While mornings were not her forte, she found herself stirring just before dawn anyway, and no amount of effort seemed to put her back to sleep -- even though she could definitely say "well-rested" was not going to be one of her adjectives for the day. So, reluctantly, she uncurled from her tangle of roots and stone and surfaced from the thicket that hid it. After a few stretches and yawns, she was off into the chilly morning.

Her first moments were spent in a haze. She traveled along without a particular goal, too foggy with sleep still to truly formulate much else, and subdued by the beautiful sunrise's display of colors, she wasn't in a hurry to change this. Yet, somehow, her pawsteps brought her towards Jace.

She remembered, of course, their last meeting. But, she had not traveled much since.. although thought about it. Her trips out were still brief -- but useful, she'd learned a few things roving into the Rising Sun valley. A greater one loomed, though, and she had decided she'd head towards the sea, then loop northward before turning back for home. This was of course, assuming nothing diverted her path. The last time an outrider had gone that way for her had been in the midst of wintertime, so maybe it was time for an update anyway.

She approached quietly, and nosed against his side.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Yes that is fine with me

Jace knew very well, that he was one of the few that woke early in the mornings. He was also one of the few that ran every day. It just helped to calm him, and any night terrors he may have had. They were not often, but they were there every so often. 

Jace stood still, and he blinked as Amekaze nosed against his side. He turned his head to touch her briefly under the chin, and nudge the side of her neck. Good morning Ame. He gave her a small smile, happy to be here, happy to be alive. What brings you out this early? I am usually on my own for some time. A soft laugh could be heard, in his words. He was actually in a fairly good mood, today. And he jested lightly.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
He seemed content, and she rumbled softly as he returned the touch then bid her a good morning. At first she only nodded, feeling tired still but not all bad. She would have rather remained asleep yet this was certainly not terrible, by any stretch of the word's meaning. She just hoped to feel like actually participating in being awake soon, and split her jaws in a slow yawn. Until then, Ame was going to enjoy the company.

"Likewise," she said soon enough. "I could not seem to find sleep again.. so, here I am," she chuffed, then mustered a tired smirk. "Even though mornings are usually my favorite time to sleep through.." Ame paused with her eyes on the sunrise. She was far more a creature of sunsets, not sunrises, although could immediately revere it for all it was worth as it displayed its vivid colors across the horizon. "This one seemed to demand I see to it."
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace had to smile, at the sleep that still clung to her. It was endearing, it was nice to know that his leader was only wolf. She was not afraid to show her real self. Even if it was someone who disliked early mornings. Jace had to deaden his own yawn, that threatened to surface, at the sight of hers. He was not tired, it was just contagious.

Jace chuckled and shrugged, In that regard we make a good team. I'll handle the early mornings, you the nighttimes. He was usually asleep early, not overly early, but early enough he supposed. His blue eyes caught the sight of the sunrise, and he took a moment to savor it. It was beautiful, and one of the many reasons he enjoyed early mornings. To see the world waken, it was beautiful.

I find it beautiful to see the mornings wake the new day. The dew drops, the sunrise, even the sleepy animals as the low about ready to start their day, but slowly. I enjoy that, it makes the day worthwhile. He grew quiet and continued to watch, as the colors bled into the early, light blue. 
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
"It works well for us that way," she breathed, easily in agreement with a small grin. It may have been in part thanks to his preference for the morning that let her fit comfortably into the routine that tended more towards night. She knew that even if she wasn't out and about early when things could be happening, he would be. If not him, someone trusted. This was why concerns about the mountain's guard were not ones she had very often at all. The nature of the location pared with the combined strength of their wolves (even if they were not the most numerous right now) was all she could need.

Jace's thoughtful words had her listening carefully. Just a bit, she nodded. "They have a certain unique peace about them.." she murmured, thinking about her few sunrises on the rolling beaches at the shoreline, then from deep in the woods when the first tendrils of light creep in, then, of course, to here on the mountains. "And I suppose the mountain does have a very good view of it all -- better than most I know of. It ought to, with a name like it has," she smirked.

And while she appreciated the sunrises greatly, she would still always prefer the night -- the sunset's fiery colors that heralded it, the steady-growing dark, and the moon's chilly glow. These suited her best.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace chuckled and wagged his tail, a sweeping arch. To show his enjoyment and agreement. They complimented each other, him and her. It was nice to have a leader for both night and day. Jace was always around in the early morning and if he wasn't his sister and Summer were. So right there, were three able bodied wolves that would protect this pack with their life.

Jace laughed and nodded his head and looked up again. One thing Ferdie did good was find a good home. He also brought together a good team of pack mates. Tell me Ame, what are you're plans for the day? And what would you like to talk about? I have realized I have nothing to say. He gave her a gently chuff, and waited. Truth be told, he was in a playful mood, but what could they play? Tag or wrestle? She seemed far too tired to do so. It was spring, they should revel in it.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
To the mention of Ferdie, she flicked an ear. "Very true.." she breathed, mustering a small grin. Without Ferdie, she might have kept on wandering. He had brought them together, picked out this mountain, and now here they stood. But sometimes, it did remind her of him far too much still.. which was mildly frustrating on the worst of days..

On her own plans, she rolled her shoulders. "No particular plans in mind.. yet, anyway," she said as she stretched again. She was thinking she would stay on the mountain today, which meant her usual routine of patrol, hunt, and otherwise. Lately she had been visiting the Rising Sun Valley quite a bit, but today she wasn't feeling like leaving. "What about you, anything interesting?" she quipped. She knew Jace was not overly social, but she had been kind of poor in that department lately as well with much of her attention on the landscape somehow -- either patrolling or exploring. But it seemed to her that many wolves of the Spire had their routines, and some intersected more than others. "I have been.. scouting out in the Valley lately, and found that the Creek has gone. Evidently they up and left.. most of them, anyway. So that is something," she said, having felt that Jace ought to hear about it. She was taking it as good news since now they no longer had to worry about sharing hunting grounds and tiresome truces.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace knew the mountain reminded her of Ferdie, it had too. Because it reminded him of his former friend. He missed him sometimes and then others he was fighting mad. Sometimes he thought of leaving, find a new place to settle, but fact was. He had fallen in love with the mountain and he really didn't want to move on. That was not to say if Amekaze decided to move, that he wouldn't go, because he would. Even if she wanted a life of a wanderer, he would go with her, because she was his friend. And now that Vienna was probably leaving, there wasn't really anything keeping him still.

He chuckled as she continued to stretch, she really was tired. Jace chuckled and shook his head, No I met a few of the new members. And i've been running about. He had stayed close the Sunspire admittedly, but he had been further than usual. His eyes went wide at that admission. Well where'd they go? Where was Bazi, was she okay? He tried to think, if she had mentioned leaving? He thought perhaps she had said Scimitar wanted too, but he couldn't remember more than that. Do you think they left? Or worse?
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Often, and although it went deeper than what was said, they seemed to resonate on a similar wavelength. She unknowingly felt much as Jace did -- she loved the Sunspire so so dearly that it was frustrating sometimes, but somehow, it didn't always quite feel endgame to her. She couldn't say if or when or how, exactly, she would ever move on from it just because he still had so much life ahead of her..

Anyway. She had been running about as well, and was interesting in what he'd gained in his endeavors. However on the Creek, she was stoic. "Most of the pack up and moved away. I met one wolf that stayed behind... although I do not know what he intends to do, or why exactly they left." There was a chance he could reclaim the Creek if there were other leftovers such as the white wolf she had met creekside. But he had been awfully stony in his answers, and Amekaze had not pried extensively. "There were still game trails around there.. not much different than before," she said, reasoning that it wasn't the land's resources drying up that ran them out at least.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace looked about him again, and reflected. Who would have believed that he, a wild headed, tempermental beast would settle so easily. Into this life, a beat of a pack he mostly liked, made some good friends. He was even feeling like perhaps his temper was starting to wane. Though, he would be remiss if he didn't say that ever so often. It reared it's ugly head and he wanted to rip something apart, usually he envisioned Sumayl. Was that so bad? He didn't think so, as long as he didn't act upon such violence.

Jace frowned in thought, thinking hard. Well I know Bazi and Scimitar were an item or almost an item. Maybe they started to start fresh elsewhere? I believe Scimitar wanted too, but it's been a long time since I spoke to Bazi. Perhpas they just got tired of the place. HE didn't understand, but he didn't have too. It wasn't his problem, or his home anymore. So, the way he saw it, why worry about it. It's a bit of a load off of my mind though. As much as I did not hold grudges, I am more comfortable without them there. To much dark feelings there.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Amekaze greeted the details of Scimitar and Bazi with indifference. "That is very possible," she sighed, as she knew Jace knew Bazi better than some. Amekaze had, of course, never grown close to either of them so had no idea or real interest. At least now with them further away, it was even easier to not care.

"It is, I am certainly not complaining.. the fewer neighbors, the better," she squinted into the horizon. 

"I think I will head for the borders," she murmured, nosing against Jace again without thinking much about it. She paused to see his response, then after her parting words, she would be on her way.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace didn't have anything else to add. Now he just listened and watched. Jace had been Bazi's best friend, they had grown apart as the young often do. She had gone on, and he had moved on as well. Though, he would always greet her in a friendly manner when he saw her.

Jace agreed, that the few they had near them the better off they would be. He tilted his head, and returned the physical touch, albeit briefly. Jace dipped his muzzle, I'll go the other way and meet you in the middle. That way we know they are all touched up. He flicked his tail once and then turning, bounded the opposite way.