Ocean's Breath Plateau your voice echoes in the distance
Moonglow
Gamma
w a y w a r d s o n
285 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Valiant rushed to see @Raindrop before it was time to return. He'd heard that she had her babies from Dutch, and he was eager to meet them if he could, and to tell her his own good news about his daughters as well. He followed the directions his cousin had given him, familiar with the territory from his own brief stay on the plateau.

"Raindrop?" he called when her scent grew strong. He didn't want to catch her by surprise. "It's me, Val."
live and die on this day,
live and die on this day
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
232 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
Oh how I and Raindrop, have missed him!

Raindrop had been tending to her babies, who were starting to squirm more, each one growing quicker than she imagined. The bed of grass, fur and other nest like materials had become warm from her body lying there constantly. This made it a little easier to leaving them for a brief moment, to step out for fresh air, some sunlight, when a familiar scent caught her nose. Soon, a familiar sound caught her ears, and she could hardly believe her eyes when a pale wolf came into view. 

“Valiant?!” Her tail began to spin, her face wearing a wide smile, “It’s been so long!” She quickly closed the gap between them, nuzzling his scruff. She pulled away, “How have you been?” How did he know she was here?

The pups would be fine for a couple of moments, but she would be back to them soon enough to show them to her friend.
Active weekdays: 
Most days of the week. (Subject to change)
(PST: Pacific Standard Time)
Moonglow
Gamma
w a y w a r d s o n
285 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
The isbjorn's tail wheeled as well. He caught Raindrop in a brief embrace and found himself surprised by how glad he was to see her. He'd been looking forward to this, but he'd forgotten what a kind soul the woman was.

"Too long," he agreed, giving a rueful shake of his head. "But things've been busy. Me'n Vaire are gonna get married, and we've got three little girls, now. Lilyflower, Lightfoot, and Lariat."

He peered behind her for just a moment

"I hear you've got somethin' to talk about, too," he prompted, his expression bright and inquisitive.
live and die on this day
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
232 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
It had been to long, and he also brought news, good news. He announced that things were busy, and that he and Vaire were going to be wed. What did surprise her even more was that he, and Vaire, she assumed, both welcomed puppies. “That’s amazing Valiant. Congratulations!” She was very happy for him, and also happy to share with him her news, which he had prompted her to do. 

“I too am wed. To Sumac Pinebreeze.” She paused for a second, “Well, Morningbreeze, actually.” “And…. We have just welcomed four daughters.” She felt butterflies all over again, but she couldn’t help the joy she felt. “Come.” She motioned for Valiant to follow her, she would show him the babies. 

“The days have flown by, they are nearly 2 weeks old. It is incredible how fast they grow.”
Active weekdays: 
Moonglow
Gamma
w a y w a r d s o n
285 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Morningbreeze!

Valiant had heard a little about that from Dutch already, but he was still thrilled to hear it all over again. His smile was especially soft as Raindrop spoke of her new husband. He could relate, was all.

"The man my aunt adopted," he said, wondering if she'd yet made the connection. "Morningside is the main branch. Welcome to the family, Mrs. Morningbreeze."

Valiant would've liked to meet Sumac, too; he hoped the man would arrive before he was forced to take his leave. He had to get back to his wife soon, after all.

He followed eagerly after Raindrop, feeling vindicated for the connection he'd felt to her all those months ago. He'd wondered at first if they might be meant to be — but clearly, they were always meant to find family in each other. She — and her darkwing husband — began to make up for the loss of his brother, Aeryn.

And now he had something like nieces out of the deal.

"What are their names?" he asked her, lowering his voice as they grew near so as not to disturb them.
live and die on this day
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
232 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
Tags are for reference or one post each, players choice.

The words Valiant had spoken only added to the honor and familial connection she had begun to feel, and it was even more exciting that her best friend’s aunt had adopted her husband, and now they both had family, and Raindrop knew that she would likely never feel alone, not truly. 

“Thank you, Valiant.” She dipped her muzzle, a bob of her feminine head, “I will wear that name proudly.” 

They moved to the den, and he had asked their names. She was giddy like a young girl, but kept her bubbly joy subdued, for the children  “The first is @Pine, with the red and grey,” she pointed to each with her nose, @Silvertip is the second, she is the color of ice, of frost, @Ponderosa, she’s the third, the darkest, taking after her father, and @Angel Oak.” She wasn’t sure who Angel Oak took most after, perhaps someone on Sumac’s side. 

She looked back to Valiant, “I wish to know of your family, the history of the Morningside, so that they may grow to learn of all their family.”
Active weekdays: 
Moontide
Pup
3 Posts
Ooc — mixed
Angel Oak didn't know her name yet, but she knew the sound of her mother's voice. She pushed herself to her forepaws and yawned wide, wide, wider — and by the time she'd expended that effort, she felt almost ready for another nap! The girl blinked pearly blue eyes at the two shapes in the mouth of the den, but though she did not recognize one of them, she'd never encountered danger before. She assumed that this would be just as pleasant as the rest of her life had been.

She toddled forward two or three steps before falling flat on her face. One might expect so young a girl to cry, at this point. Angel only snored, for she had fallen asleep once more.
Moonglow
Gamma
w a y w a r d s o n
285 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Valiant cooed over the children, enchanted by every one of them. She had him beat by one daughter, he remarked, joking that he'd have to have more next year to 'beat' her. But it was all in jest, and he sobered quickly again when family was brought up. He knew how much it meant to them both.

"Right now?" he asked with a soft laugh. "I'll provide lessons anytime you like. Dutch can, too. Either've us would probably start with our granddad, Grayday. He was the first of our blood in these lands."

Angel Oak captured his attention for a protracted moment. He looked back up at Raindrop, his eyes sparkling in mirth.
live and die on this day
Moontide
Trader
Rainwoman
232 Posts
Ooc — Maddy
Tag for reference. Keep you in the loop.

She gave a soft chuckle at his remark, being beat by one extra daughter. Perhaps he would have more luck next season.

Her eyes were soft, “Not this minute. But I would soon love to hear more.” She replied, giving a gentle bob of her head, Perhaps when the children are up and walking in a couple of weeks, @Sumac and I could bring them to Morningsong for story time. Someday I would love to meet your wife and daughters.” 

She noticed Valiant turn his head, and she looked where he laid his eyes, and little Angel Oak came to the front of the den. She looked towards both of them, then plopped back down to sleep again. Raindrop excused herself for just a moment as she grabbed Angel Oak and laid down, cradling the soft little babe in her arms.

“May I ask how long you plan to mingle around here? On the coast.” She looked back to his gentle, amused eyes.
Active weekdays: