Redhawk Caldera home team
Brecheliant
Raven*
413 Posts
Ooc — delaney
All Welcome 
kivaluk returns from his patrol and observance of the nearby deer herd with a piece of antler betwixt his jaws. it's smaller and otherwise he might've overlooked it but grabbed it at the last second as a chew toy for the children. he enjoyed worrying antlers as a pup and thinks that they may too. worse came to worse, if none of them were interested in it ... it would make fine decoration for the den site.

his steps slow once he is within the borders of the caldera, his pace more leisurely within the comfort of his home.
Brecheliant
Family
-Not all who wander, are lost.-
732 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia was trotting towards the nearest cache rabbits in her jaws. She was a quiet background member mostly now. But she still made sure to keep the caches full.

There was a happy stance to her. Ears erect and tail gentle Bob and weave. It was a good day.
Brecheliant
Raven*
413 Posts
Ooc — delaney
though kivaluk had seen and knew of amalia, he couldn't claim that he knew her; and while that works to make him nervous he also reminds himself that while in moonglow he kept mostly to himself apart from chickadee and kukutux. in reality, self isolation didn't matter to kivaluk, only that she was contributing: which she was.

she helped him to keep the caches full and he was quietly grateful for it.

so, when their paths cross he is drawn to a stop nearby, letting out a quiet whuff in an attempt to garner her attention.
Brecheliant
Family
732 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
She had watched the pup became a man. He probably did not even remember that she had been part of Natigvik or that she had followed to moonglow.

And that was okay. She was fiercely proud of him and all he had weathered. His young life had not been an easy one.

A chuff and she lifted her head and then laid the hares at her feet.

Hey
Brecheliant
Raven*
413 Posts
Ooc — delaney
hello, kivaluk greets, gaze lowering to the hares at her feet before rising back up to her face. a soft smile touches upon his lips. thank you for your help with the caches, kivaluk offers his gratitude, wishing her to know that her work does not go unnoticed by him.

how are you doing? though it sounds like a simple question, it remains open ended, allowing her to tell him if there was anything she needed that brecheliant wasn't providing for her. kivaluk, having never really strove for any sort of leadership position, is still ( months in ) trying to find his feet, trying to figure out what sort of leader he was.
Brecheliant
Family
732 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia chuckled. Of course. I have always liked hunting. Particularly rabbit. A bit of a nice challenge, and filling mostly.

She hunted other things too. But she was so used to hunting on her own. That rabbit was her go to of choice. It was something she had always hunted.

I'm good. Just trying to get some caches filled. Before the bad weather hits us. A little bit of a shrug, but a smile too. SHe was not bad, she wasn't great either. But she was just normal. Fine. The usual.

How about you? Adjusting to being the big man okay? How's fatherhood and husbandhood treating you?
Brecheliant
Raven*
413 Posts
Ooc — delaney
kivaluk offers a grave nod as she speaks of bad weather, assuming that she means winter. it is an cornerstone in his mind, creeping nearer and nearer as the months turn. it would be upon them soon, and while he is grateful his children are not too young; still he worries.

as a husband, father, leader and hunter.

perhaps we can rally together for a big game hunt. before the frost and snow comes, an idea he's been playing with, but would not make moves to put into action.

it is only temporary, kivaluk is quick to point out. just until maia is ready to step back up. especially since his brief ascension to auspex had gone against pack rules. if it were a true ascension, the decision should've been made by the pack itself.

to be honest, it occurs to him that perhaps he should not be so honest. i never had designs on leadership.
Brecheliant
Family
732 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Brecheliant was invited to the large hunt with Moonglow/moontide etc. But the thread was never finished.

Winter is not far. And even in the mountains like they were. Sometimes Fall was not kind either. He probably knew that htough. After all he had lived in the mountains most ofhis life. He was used to the cold.

I would like that.

SHe listened and nodded her head. You know i get that. Truly. I myself prefer to be a silent supporter. And i don't think there's really nothing wrong with that. You're still contributing. For teh record though. You are doing well.
Brecheliant
Raven*
413 Posts
Ooc — delaney
kivaluk offers her a soft smile of gratitude. he is not used to praise necessarily and thus is not quite sure what to do with it. but he is grateful for her support.

you are kind, offers the moonthorn patriarch. i had good teachers. on the jackpot of leadership, kivaluk would argue that he'd won out. he took examples from kukutux and the sunking ... even if things are brecheliant have been blissfully calm since his ascension.

do you seek to be a hunter? or is it out of necessity? kivaluk inquires curiously.