Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,129 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
There was a funny look on Jay's face when Njal replied with 'hubbo'. Most adults didn't speak like that. He lifted his head in surprise, then looked back at his mother as though she would be able to explain what it meant, or as if he expected her to look surprised, too. Finley wasn't actually paying attention to him, so little Jay wasn't sure what to think. He looked back at Njal, who asked him about who he was. That was a question that little Jay could answer!

With a proud and excited look on his little face, little Jay said: "I!" Because in his mind, that was his name -- or, well, the one that others wanted him to use when he was referring to himself. They wanted him to say "I am hungry" or "I like walks" or things like that (not that he said any of that yet, for verbs and sentences weren't the pup's forte as of yet). He understood that 'I' was the word for himself. His name was a far more fluid concept that he did not grasp entirely yet, because everyone called him something different.

He waited expectantly then to see how the adult would react. Finley decided to keep out of things, because she wanted lil' Jay to do things on his own and because Iris doesn't know what name Finley would use to introduce the little squirt if she did.
Messages In This Thread
Achillea millefolium - by RIP Njal - August 10, 2015, 05:04 PM
RE: Achillea millefolium - by Eljay - August 11, 2015, 09:38 AM
RE: Achillea millefolium - by RIP Njal - August 11, 2015, 09:09 PM
RE: Achillea millefolium - by Eljay - August 12, 2015, 02:26 AM
RE: Achillea millefolium - by RIP Njal - August 12, 2015, 01:17 PM
RE: Achillea millefolium - by Eljay - August 16, 2015, 02:56 PM
RE: Achillea millefolium - by RIP Njal - August 16, 2015, 03:43 PM
RE: Achillea millefolium - by Eljay - August 18, 2015, 03:44 AM
RE: Achillea millefolium - by RIP Njal - August 25, 2015, 10:18 PM
RE: Achillea millefolium - by Eljay - August 26, 2015, 06:15 AM