Swiftcurrent Creek i'm not half the man i used to be
i'll toss alessia in after a few rounds! <3 tags for ref
Of the many things the sprite has found a strong distaste for in his short life, noise is certainly among the highest ranking. More specifically, constant noise. So, of course the buzzing outside the den drives him mad. Of course he just can't resist inspecting the source, if only to glare at it until it stops — however long that might take. It's only a few steps past the entrance, he reasons, glancing down to glare briefly at his legs as if that might make them move faster. It doesn't.
Turns out it's more than a few steps, too. He pauses, blinking against the glare of the sun, and takes a moment to stew in his utter shock at being wrong as he registers the relative emptiness of the (somewhat familiar) area outside the den. Yet the buzzing continues, loud as ever, and after a moment his ears flatten. He briefly considers calling for @Helios, but hesitates — what if @Polaris and @Lainie come, too? The thought pulls his lips into a grimace, and after another moment he turns toward the direction he thinks the buzzing is coming from, determination in his step. He's never wandered this far from the den, and he half-wonders if he'll stumble across @Kavik somewhere in this vast... mess. It's such a mess, he realizes, glaring disapprovingly at a ragged leafy thing as he passes it; he hadn't really inspected things closely when he'd left the den before. The more he looks, the more he hates it out here.
He's so distracted by the discovery, he fails to notice the growing scent of something unfamiliar — someone unfamiliar. Even when his steps take him quite near the unsuspecting stranger, he's too busy sniffing an odd green growth at the base of a tree to see the man. It's a stupid looking little thing. Ugly, He decides loudly, not quite sure himself whether it's an observation or an insult, and leans in to clamp his teeth around the growth. The plant seems to warp as he draws closer, stalk splitting to reveal a single golden eye in the half-beat before his jaws close around it — and it shrieks. Or maybe it's him shrieking; he can't tell for sure, but it wouldn't surprise him. Either way, the air flees his lungs entirely as he flails all the way to the ground, and all he can do after that is lie there and wheeze. As usual.
common || « french »
Messages In This Thread
i'm not half the man i used to be - by Aditya - May 22, 2019, 07:09 PM
RE: i'm not half the man i used to be - by Zephyr - May 22, 2019, 08:10 PM
RE: i'm not half the man i used to be - by Aditya - May 22, 2019, 09:41 PM
RE: i'm not half the man i used to be - by Lainie - May 22, 2019, 10:01 PM
RE: i'm not half the man i used to be - by Rosalie - June 15, 2019, 12:41 AM
RE: i'm not half the man i used to be - by Zephyr - June 22, 2019, 09:02 AM
RE: i'm not half the man i used to be - by Alessia - June 22, 2019, 09:24 AM
RE: i'm not half the man i used to be - by Aditya - July 01, 2019, 10:33 PM
RE: i'm not half the man i used to be - by Lainie - July 31, 2019, 10:51 PM
RE: i'm not half the man i used to be - by Rosalie - August 11, 2019, 10:20 PM