Sun Mote Copse I feel so close to you right now, it's a force field.
Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,129 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Towhee had never been the worried type, so it was surprising for Eljay that she asked him if everything was alright. Maybe it was different for her to be a parent. He'd certainly never seen her this way. Eljay nodded and said, Yeah, I think she looks good. She would catch up and there didn't seem anything wrong with her at least, as far as Eljay could tell. All in all, Meerkat was quite the little surprise mystery.

Then Towhee asked about the scouts, and went on to say that he should also be looking after himself. Eljay nodded. I talked to Maia. Wraen thought maybe I should go with... But I don't know. I'm a bad navigator and I'd probably just hold Maia back in getting everywhere fast... Eljay didn't sound like he was asking for advice necessarily, mostly as if he hadn't made a decision yet what would be the smartest move. And yeah, I'll -- I'll be there to help. He offered a meek smile, thinking back to Wiffle. She'd wanted him to become a father, for him, and as if that was some sort of last wish accomplished she had dropped dead right after. If only they'd had more time; if only they'd have little ones this year to play with Meerkat. Not necessarily for the sake of having more children, but for the sake of having their family still together. Maybe Elfie would've stayed, too, if...

... But it wasn't to be, and Eljay wasn't sure he would ever have or want more children after the experiences. He was grateful that he had gotten Elfie -- a pang of sadness as he thought of his lost son, but a small spark of hope Maia might be able to uncover more about him -- and Weejay -- whom he loved more than anything in this world and was grateful to have her nearby still -- though, and that was enough for him.
Messages In This Thread