Sawtooth Spire I just wait for us to go in circles
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She nodded her agreement, but was otherwise quiet as her mind added yet one more reason why she should stay with Stag and abandon her previous plans. She wished she could erase all her emotions and be logical and objective about this. There was once a time when she was rather good at that, but becoming a mother had left her more easily influenced by her feelings, especially when it came to her children; she loved them more than her own life, but that love felt suffocating at times and often took away her control over things. For someone who needed to feel in control at all times, realizing that your entire life was bound to the soul of an entirely different being—one you really couldn't control anymore—was terrifying. And what was insane about the whole thing was that if she had it all to do over again, she would still have brought them into the world. Nothing could ever give her more purpose than her sons and daughter; so then why was she so torn on what to do? She clearly needed more time to consider everything. 

She thought it was kind of nice up here too, but she had always been fond of the higher parts of the range. It pleased her to know that Stag had played a part in establishing this new home, but it also reminded her of what all she had missed. Hardly any reason to leave. That was a very Mahler opinion. She gave a huff of laughter and shook her head.

And when Wylla mentioned the spiky foothills, Taki nodded. Yes, I thought they looked dangerous as well, she answered. Good for intruders but not so much for young, clumsy children, she agreed. And it wasn't like you could keep children from doing dangerous things either, so the chances were high that one of them would wander down there on their own before they were ready. So there are no plans to migrate anywhere else then? she asked. That was always the plan in Diaspora—that they would move often so that they could hold a claim on the entire range. Looking back now, it was far easier said than done. Perhaps the Eisens were content to stay in one place for the foreseeable future; she certainly wouldn't blame them.
Inuttuk
Common

Messages In This Thread
I just wait for us to go in circles - by Takiyok - May 15, 2020, 07:21 PM
RE: I just wait for us to go in circles - by Wylla - May 15, 2020, 10:11 PM
RE: I just wait for us to go in circles - by Takiyok - May 18, 2020, 10:03 PM
RE: I just wait for us to go in circles - by Wylla - June 02, 2020, 10:25 AM
RE: I just wait for us to go in circles - by Takiyok - June 08, 2020, 08:16 PM
RE: I just wait for us to go in circles - by Wylla - June 09, 2020, 05:26 PM
RE: I just wait for us to go in circles - by Takiyok - June 12, 2020, 04:06 PM
RE: I just wait for us to go in circles - by Wylla - July 14, 2020, 08:30 AM