Neverwinter Forest No te olvidarás
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
She didn't expect him to really be able to answer her question. It was kind of an impossible one anyway. Bad shit happened all the time; it wasn't something unique to her existence. And when their roles were reversed, and Mal was seeking her support for something shitty that happened to him, she would have had the same answer to such a question. Because she figured probably no one knew the answer. Maybe there was no answer. It was not a very comforting thought. 

She felt him shift closer, but she didn't immediately return her gaze to him. It wasn't until he brought up Huā that she finally turned to look at him, her expression sympathetic. She wished he didn't still have that mess to deal with. She hadn't been sure if he had told her while she was here, but now it seemed he had not. She was afraid of how that conversation would go for him. 

She wanted to believe what he was saying, that this wasn't her fault and that she hadn't been an idiot for taking someone at face value, but doubt crept up in her mind. How could she have let things get so far without seeing his true colors? I don't know...it feels like I should have seen something sooner, she finally answered, clearly tortured by how gullible she had been.

She smiled a little despite her misery when he pointed out that he was still there. And she was more thankful for that than she could ever really express, even if she was better at that kind of stuff. The tears threatened again, and she quickly put her head back under his chin to hide any moisture that might be in her eyes. She knew happy would take some time, but she did always feel safe with him. And she knew without a doubt who he was and that he would never do anything to intentionally hurt her, which was a huge comfort right now. Thanks, Mal, she murmured, still trying to keep the tears away. She hoped it would be some dumb memory and not something that haunted all her decisions in the future. I'm really glad I don't have to try and deal with this alone. Really, she didn't know what she would do without Mal.
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
No te olvidarás - by Simmik - July 06, 2020, 01:28 AM
RE: No te olvidarás - by Mal - July 06, 2020, 01:53 AM
RE: No te olvidarás - by Simmik - July 06, 2020, 02:39 AM
RE: No te olvidarás - by Mal - July 06, 2020, 03:08 AM
RE: No te olvidarás - by Simmik - July 06, 2020, 10:53 PM
RE: No te olvidarás - by Mal - July 06, 2020, 11:18 PM
RE: No te olvidarás - by Simmik - July 07, 2020, 12:00 AM
RE: No te olvidarás - by Mal - July 07, 2020, 12:43 AM
RE: No te olvidarás - by Simmik - July 07, 2020, 01:56 AM