Broken Antler Fen Burn your biographies
Brecheliant
Family
818 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She found Teya soon enough and joined her in a walk for a little distance quietly. It was comfortable, and she looked better than she had previously. The healer noted this almost without thinking. It had become a habit at this point, the first thing she did when she encountered anyone.

I was just thinking of the otherworld. Bridget finally said, breaking the silence. It was a bit of a random segue, but ever since Teya had done her outburst at Wraen's grave, she'd wondered if the woman had any beliefs of her own. Probably not, she thought uncharitably, remembering what little she knew of Teya's family with distaste.

My parents used to say that, when we die, we'd wake up in Tech Duinn. The dark one's den. They said that he would find us there and offer us a choice, either returning to another life or going there. I'm betting, if Wraen chose Tír nAill, she and Tambourine are having a pretty good time there now. It was a pretty damn good place, or so they said. And while it was possible they'd both made the different choice, Bridget had her own theory; if a wolf lived their life and passed peacefully, it'd be less likely they'd choose to run in the world again.

It's why we face them westward, so that they can find their way. Telling her this had the dual purpose of ensuring that, when she died, the same was done to her. But Bridget wasn't bothered to worry about that happening anytime soon, and her own mortality wasn't something she dwelled on much. Did your family have stories like that?
Messages In This Thread
Burn your biographies - by Bridget - June 07, 2021, 02:35 PM
RE: Burn your biographies - by Teya - June 07, 2021, 02:51 PM
RE: Burn your biographies - by Bridget - June 07, 2021, 05:48 PM
RE: Burn your biographies - by Teya - June 13, 2021, 10:15 AM
RE: Burn your biographies - by Bridget - June 17, 2021, 05:55 PM
RE: Burn your biographies - by Teya - June 21, 2021, 08:05 PM
RE: Burn your biographies - by Bridget - June 29, 2021, 04:44 PM
RE: Burn your biographies - by Teya - July 05, 2021, 04:32 PM
RE: Burn your biographies - by Bridget - July 10, 2021, 04:42 AM
RE: Burn your biographies - by Teya - July 12, 2021, 03:39 PM
RE: Burn your biographies - by Bridget - July 25, 2021, 07:05 PM