Duskfire Glacier chaos machine productions
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Lane was so pierced by Meerkat's words, the phrases may as well have been knives: there's no point in consulting with anyone else and executive decision and none of us really has a choice were particularly cutting. Lane would look absolutely haggard.

She'd never meant to take away anyone's choice. For God's sake, she wasn't even a real alpha. She was only ever supposed to be a placeholder--

This was what you wanted, a small, spiteful voice inside her whispered. You said you wanted to lead in your own right...

"I never meant.." Lane countered. She realized she'd spoken aloud, and her eyes caught Meerkat's. "..To take away anyone's choice," she finished. "Honestly, I don't expect everyone to agree to come." Arius's and Ensio's parents had been put into the earth here less than a moon ago. Would the boys leave the grave behind? Would they depart from this place that they believed to be their birthright? Would Rye leave this place, knowing that Imaq and Sikuliak might someday return here, seeking him? 

"Issorartuyok is taking his family. I'm taking mine. We will lead whoever wants to follow us." Lane expected the pack would be divided. Some would stay to keep the flame of Duskfire flickering, and others would go to seek better fortune elsewhere. 

Meerkat offered to do some solo scouting, and Lane immediately understood that she needed the space to clear her head. Lane wished she had the luxury herself. "I don't know," she answered Meerkat's question, "Probably southeast, to the Valley. Mahler, from Rivenwood, mentioned that the disease had not spread there." Yet.
Messages In This Thread
chaos machine productions - by Meerkat - December 20, 2021, 09:24 PM
RE: chaos machine productions - by Lane - December 20, 2021, 10:30 PM
RE: chaos machine productions - by Meerkat - December 20, 2021, 11:04 PM
RE: chaos machine productions - by Lane - December 20, 2021, 11:48 PM
RE: chaos machine productions - by Meerkat - December 21, 2021, 12:09 AM
RE: chaos machine productions - by Lane - December 21, 2021, 10:24 PM
RE: chaos machine productions - by Meerkat - December 21, 2021, 10:49 PM
RE: chaos machine productions - by Lane - December 21, 2021, 11:25 PM
RE: chaos machine productions - by Meerkat - December 22, 2021, 12:40 AM
RE: chaos machine productions - by Lane - December 23, 2021, 12:03 AM
RE: chaos machine productions - by Meerkat - December 23, 2021, 01:57 PM