Redsand Canyon they say that time's supposed to heal you
my monsters are real; they're trained how to kill
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
The questions bombarded, one after another. She responded at first simply by nuzzling him gently, and then responded to his questions one at a time. “It is normal. Some women could eat a pack out of house and home… other women, like me apparently, feel sick at the thought of eating food.” She explained, hoping it brought him some peace of mind that it was not something he should be concerned about. “I do. I have herbs in the tablinum I can take that will help with me appetite. I’ll eat something after they’ve had time to take effect.” She wanted to assure him that she was taking care of herself.

She knew that he knew how hard she worked… just as she knew he knew what had happened to her mother. It would take time to assure him that she was capable of setting those limits. Aquene did not want to leave him all alone with their children; she would do whatever it took to ensure both she and their pups made it through the birthing process. She’d need to discuss with the Matrona a plan… overseeing her own birthing did not sound pleasant. Someone else would have to be trained to assist her just in case there were a complication.

He offered to get her what she needed before he explained and she shook her head. “No, you are a solider in Mereo. The best thing you can do right now is train, and be a soldier... I was pacing because I was nervous about telling you, but now I have told you and I am fine.” She did not think Germanicus would take too kindly to him skipping training solely to fret over her and the coming of their children. “I will go to the tablinum and get the herbs and eat something and spend the rest of the day sorting what I've recently collected into their slots… you will train, and then the night will be ours as it always is, to talk... I can answer questions you have about the process, about what I'm feeling.” She nuzzled his cheek lightly, working her way down his neck and inhaling his scent for a moment. “I know it is a lot to process… but we both have jobs and responsibilities that cannot be left abandoned in the meantime. The Imperator would not be pleased... and we've already upset him a few times lately, haven't we?”
Aquene speaks both русский язык and Common. She does not carry a Russian accent. Her knowledge of Russian is not common knowledge.
Messages In This Thread
they say that time's supposed to heal you - by Aquene - March 12, 2022, 08:58 PM
RE: they say that time's supposed to heal you - by Aquene - March 15, 2022, 10:24 PM