Golden Glade Blood
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Lane surveyed the damage to the stranger as Antha debriefed her. Antha's hesitancy was understandable; hell, it probably made her a better pack wolf than Lane, contemplating the possible ramifications of extending aid. 

For Lane, the decision was simple. She was raised under the tenants of Asklepion, and she could not turn her back on a wolf in need of medical attention. 

"I think it's wise to withhold trust, Antha, but I can't withhold treatment in good conscious," Lane began unpacking her portable medkit, which she brought along whenever she answered an urgent call. She laid out some horsetail and marigold, which could be chewed into a poultice once the bleeding was under control. 

"I'll treat him here, in the glade." Antha could help if she liked, or she could wash her paws of the man. Lane wouldn't judge her for deciding either way. Hopefully by keeping the man out of Atautsikut's borders, Lane could shield her pack from the consequences that concerned Antha. 

She moved forward with a hunk of cobweb, and she pressed the makeshift gauze to one of the wounds that was still actively bleeding. As she put pressure on the wound, she turned her gaze back to Antha. "Atausikut is a peaceful pack. We avoid conflict, but only in situations where it would be inevitable." Such as inserting themselves in the war between Ursus and Rivenwood.  "Since in this instance, an outcome involving conflict is only a remote possibility..  I think it's worth the risk, to do what is right by our neighbor."  He was clearly a local, if they had already stumbled across him once already. 

"If you listen to your heart, Antha, and do what you know to be right... I will always back you up. I promise you that." Whether Antha became alpha or not, Lane wanted her to know that she would support her decisions. Antha had a good heart, and she need not worry about second guessing herself, or choosing between the pack and doing what she thought was right.

She finally turned her full attention to the man in her care. "So, what's your name? I'm Lane." Small talk always felt a little odd when her paws were soaked in blood, but she knew that being treated like a person would put her patient at ease.
Messages In This Thread
Blood - by Astraios - April 09, 2022, 01:03 PM
RE: Blood - by Antha - April 09, 2022, 01:07 PM
RE: Blood - by Astraios - April 09, 2022, 01:16 PM
RE: Blood - by Antha - April 09, 2022, 01:31 PM
RE: Blood - by Astraios - April 09, 2022, 01:51 PM
RE: Blood - by Antha - April 09, 2022, 02:19 PM
RE: Blood - by Lane - April 09, 2022, 03:05 PM
RE: Blood - by Astraios - April 09, 2022, 03:26 PM
RE: Blood - by Antha - April 09, 2022, 03:40 PM
RE: Blood - by Lane - April 09, 2022, 06:20 PM
RE: Blood - by Astraios - April 12, 2022, 05:53 PM