Wild Berry Meadow Maybe I'm the one who's changed or the one to blame
Brecheliant
Family
819 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Nice. She shouldn't have been surprised when he caught it but she definitely was. It reminded her a bit of the game she'd concocted for herself while playing with one of Maia and Eljay's pups. Was probably a whole other challenge, though, when you weren't tossing for yourself.

Everyone's always surprised, it seems. Makes me feel like what I do is all the more important. Bridget replied with a light laugh. Then she took a breath and let a beat of quiet pass. It was hard to understand why so many she treated seemed to think they were only worth the treatment if they had something to give.

I took an oath, when I agreed to train. If a wolf needs my help then I give it. If I chose not to, and something happens, that outcome is on me. It's something you have to come to terms with if you want to become a medic. She looked at him. If I hadn't, and you died, I might as well have killed you myself. That isn't something I can just live with.

She wondered how many other healers out there operated that way. She would have guessed most, but from the way so many had been surprised, she was starting to think she was the oddity. She was glad to have had the mentor she did if that were the case.

Not sure what you mean by taking a chance, either. She didn't see the chance in any of it. How would saving him have ever resulted in a bad outcome? At the time she hadn't know him, but withholding treatment based on that criterion felt less like caution and more like paranoia.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Maybe I'm the one who's changed or the one to blame - by Bridget - June 05, 2022, 03:37 AM