Northstar Vale over glacial plains
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
It was difficult to express any kind of disappointment in a boy who was so kind with his words and earnest in his asking. Arsenio felt a heavy rock weighed in his stomach. He had known that the Roman was a difficult man, a man who did not deviate from his beliefs. The Arche had known Aquene, too. Her only concern had been to tend to the injured and ill. Hearing that Nanuq was not supposed to leave his den unless he was killing mice or rats was challenging to swallow.

As a father, Arsenio ached for Nanuq. He did not know how Kallik could listen to the orders given to him, to leave his family on an errand for his Imperator. Though he did not like it, the man thought back to his time in Akashingo. At least the Pharaoh had offered drink and pleasure to his guests. Had this been Germanicus’ concern at the start? He had been hesitant to allow for families. Young children could not thrive in the role of a soldier.

Taking Nanuq to a heavily wooded spot beside one of the rivers, Arsenio slipped away to pull meat from a nearby cache. He returned with a rabbit, setting it down for the boy to take.

Siku is your brother? Your friend? They are welcome, too. I would not turn them away. I will not turn you away either, Nanuq. You are the son of a dear friend which means that you will have my protection and care – as if you were one of my own. Arsenio wanted Kallik and Aquene’s children to be happy and to know peace. If the healer woman wished to prioritize her duties to Mereo, he would not speak against her. The russet wolf would merely step in to fill the role that was needed.

We must tell Aquene. I can journey to Mereo to speak with the Imperator and your mother. I will tell them that I have allowed you to stay here for as long as you wish. A thoughtful frown found his lips. There was only one other matter that bothered him. Nanuq had arrived on his own, hurried and quiet. There did not appear to be anyone else with him.

Where is Siku?
Messages In This Thread
over glacial plains - by Nanuq - November 14, 2022, 09:05 PM
RE: over glacial plains - by Arsenio - November 14, 2022, 09:49 PM
RE: over glacial plains - by Nanuq - November 14, 2022, 10:14 PM
RE: over glacial plains - by Arsenio - November 14, 2022, 10:21 PM
RE: over glacial plains - by Nanuq - November 14, 2022, 10:46 PM
RE: over glacial plains - by Arsenio - November 14, 2022, 10:58 PM
RE: over glacial plains - by Nanuq - November 15, 2022, 01:54 AM
RE: over glacial plains - by Arsenio - November 15, 2022, 11:25 AM
RE: over glacial plains - by Nanuq - December 08, 2022, 05:41 PM
RE: over glacial plains - by Arsenio - December 20, 2022, 12:34 PM