Loner
i’ve been the archer, i’ve been the prey
449 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Private 
@Masquerade! Sorry for the wait!
Set after this thread.

Eshe had managed to pull down a large branch, and the fruits of her labor were plentiful. But, while finding an oak tree and collecting its leaves was what she had set out to do, she quickly realized she couldn't carry all of it in her mouth. It'd be a waste to leave so many of them behind.

She had had the benefit of proximity when picking herbs at home, but now that she had nowhere, and no cache, to return to, she was in a pickle—especially since it was getting dark.

Eventually, she decided that a pouch would work best. But what material would work best? Using a leaf would be quick and easy to make, but it would be less durable. On the other hand, a pelt would last longer, but it'd also take more time to craft. It'd be a no-brainer if it had been earlier in the day, but she was quickly losing light.

"You know," she murmured, studying the pile, "I don't think I even have time to find a leaf big enough for all of this."

Eshe didn't want to sleep in the open—there had been a few suitable and abandoned caves she'd found earlier in the day—but if she wanted to collect them all, she might have to make sacrifice her comfort.
Messages In This Thread
with my eagles t-shirt hanging from the door - by Eshe - May 12, 2023, 07:01 PM