Redtail Rise And it seems such a waste of time
Bearclaw Valley
836 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Ranger
Guardian
Warrior
Drawing nearer, Lilia caught sight of two of the kids- Pupper and Fifth- both dark children who clamoured for a moment as she lowered her head and spilled the contents of her stomach onto the ground. She chuckled as they growled and supped, licking her lips free of any residue before she turned back to Avicus again. She heaved a sigh, redirecting her muzzle so the Wealda might not have to suffer the sourness of her breath. 

"Well, a couple-a thingth," She said. "Fiwtht off, there've been a couple-a trethpathuth. Augur an' I mothtly been keepin' on top of it, but they're kinda bolder'n I thought they'd be. Thtealin' food, in the Thpringtime, middle of the day," She said, through gritted teeth. She shook her head. "Didn't think they'd be tho dethperate. Might mean thingth're lean, out in the wildth." She hated the idea that there might be a prey shortage; she knew the keen sting of starvation, and never wanted to feel it again. 

"Altho, there'th a new pack formin' up in the mountainth, juth't where the funny-shaped mountain ith, the one with no peak." After all, she had no word for volcano and likely would have been mortified to know what exactly it was. "Leaduth nameth are Void an' Meylodi. Pack'th name'th 'Midnight Thcaw,'" She said, desperately trying to hide any trace of skepticism. The name was a bit dramatic, she thought. "There'th thickth in the pack, she thaid. She'th altho very pregnant, for the firtht time...She'th athked if we have anyone to thpare to give her a checkup, help with her birth if pothible." She hadn't made any promises- though she felt Masquerade might not turn down the opportunity to help where she could. That much was for Avicus to decide. 

She straightened slightly. Oblivious to the conversation Avicus had had with Relic, she felt the topic was worth discussion. "My Dad ith gone. I wanna take ovuh for him." She said, a slight thickness creeping into her voice as her throat tightened. "I wanna be Bertherkuh. I been doin' everythin' to detherve it, an nobody challenged me when I thaid it. Augur wath there, too."
Messages In This Thread
And it seems such a waste of time - by Ameline - June 02, 2023, 06:29 PM
RE: And it seems such a waste of time - by Avicus - June 04, 2023, 09:04 AM
RE: And it seems such a waste of time - by Ameline - June 04, 2023, 10:14 AM
RE: And it seems such a waste of time - by Avicus - June 06, 2023, 09:56 PM
RE: And it seems such a waste of time - by Ameline - June 06, 2023, 10:18 PM
RE: And it seems such a waste of time - by Avicus - June 20, 2023, 08:02 AM
RE: And it seems such a waste of time - by Ameline - June 20, 2023, 09:37 AM