Whitefish River Lost in reverie until I saw her fading silhouette.
Brecheliant
Sciathán
736 Posts
Ooc — Me
Dwin was on a solo-adventure again, after serving a dutiful week in the company of caldera kids. With the exception of Frolic. She still felt resentment towards her, even if she knew that having only one-functioning brain-cell was not exactly her younger sibling's fault. Whenever it was possible she ignored her and did not hide that she preferred the company of others. She did not care, if the kid had noticed this, it just felt good to her to have at least some control over the outcome. 

It was good to leave the ruckus behind her and immerse herself in the solitude and stillness the landscape offered. She caught up with many stolen naps, she hunted and ate without the obligation of sharing, she went, where she wanted and did, what she wanted. No annoying little voices ringing in her ears, no sharp teeth thinning her fur and sinking in her flesh. Were it not for her parents and Teya, the idea of leaving and never returning felt more appealing by the minute. 

On one of her treks from Fire Hot Springs (no sight of Val there, though she would never admit that she had been hoping to meet him there, despite being boringly grown-up and responsible) to the River she first caught a vaguely familiar scent and then saw a figure, she recalled meeting. Upon drawing closer and she recalled an incident that had involved a lot of angry talking and puking and... her not particularly liking the person. But so much had happened between that point of time and this, that she approached the lady with the same demeanour she would meet a curious stranger. 

"Good-day, fellow traveller," she greeted the elderly she-wolf, once she was within the earshot. 
Messages In This Thread
RE: Lost in reverie until I saw her fading silhouette. - by Ceridwen - September 15, 2023, 06:19 AM