Redtail Rise slate
Dragonspine
Alpha Female*
951 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
They verified their sister’s poor condition with their senses of touch and smell as a leaf swirled down and caught in her filthy ruff. Masquerade gently plucked it off with their teeth, though Redd would require far more attention to properly groom her pelt.

Finding their voice, they asked, What happened? but didn’t wait for an answer before stepping back, glancing at the discarded marmot and then bending to nose it toward Redd. Please, eat this.

They thought of calling for one of the current leaders to formally welcome Redd back into the ranks. But why couldn’t it be Masque? And then a thought occurred to them. @Avicus wasn’t officially Wealda yet, but…

Redd, they said quietly, would you like me to call for mother?

Redd had vanished before Avicus’s return. Hopefully the news that the Redtail matriarch had come home would give comfort and hope to her similarly prodigal offspring.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
slate - by Redd - October 27, 2023, 12:53 AM
RE: slate - by Masquerade - October 27, 2023, 08:56 AM
RE: slate - by Redd - October 27, 2023, 04:50 PM
RE: slate - by Masquerade - October 27, 2023, 06:11 PM
RE: slate - by Redd - October 27, 2023, 11:33 PM
RE: slate - by Avicus - October 28, 2023, 08:14 AM
RE: slate - by Masquerade - October 28, 2023, 08:33 AM
RE: slate - by Redd - October 28, 2023, 08:49 AM
RE: slate - by Avicus - October 28, 2023, 09:09 AM
RE: slate - by Masquerade - October 28, 2023, 09:20 AM
RE: slate - by Redd - October 29, 2023, 12:51 AM