Hushed Willows A couple bodies in the garden where the grass grows
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
293 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Mae snorted, a little irritated with being treated so much like a child; like she was weak, helpless. I've fought through worse, It was meant to be defiant, but the words sounded more sorrowful to her own ears. Her gaze darkened and fell away, seeking the forest beyond.

But he would teach her. Someday soon, she hoped. His question fell into the silence between them, and Mae tensed, knowing that she should have expected it but wanting to snap at him anyway, to tell him that it was none of his business and never would be. You mean Reverie told you, She managed stiffly, still not looking at Boone. It's whatever, ya know, who wouldn't like the whole world knowing that your mom took off on you and your dad fuckin' sucks?

She took a deep breath. I came from Swiftcurrent Creek. It's a pack down in the valley, name's pretty self-explanatory. Might'a stayed if my dad gave half a shit about me. But he doesn't. So I left. Ran into just about every crazy asshole from there to the mountains. Then I ran into Blossom. And that was it. The whole story, as far as Mae was concerned. Boone didn't need to know more than that. No one did.
Messages In This Thread
A couple bodies in the garden where the grass grows - by Mae - November 06, 2023, 02:55 PM
RE: A couple bodies in the garden where the grass grows - by Mae - December 03, 2023, 01:38 AM