Redtail Rise 10,000 Spoons
Dragonspine
Alpha Female*
920 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
All thoughts of her mother’s soft-spoken mate fled her mind when the hunt leader appeared, ranging closer at a steady clip. Masque’s heart skipped a beat as she sucked in a breath. By the time she released it, he was close at hand. When she inhaled, she caught New Snow’s parfum clinging to his coat.

The indignation flared, jealousy curdling in her stomach. She couldn’t control it but she was determined to keep herself in check. Masque’s body tensed, then relaxed, in the space of a breath. Her mouth opened in an anxious pant as she tried to get a grip on her better nature.

She thought of Riley for some reason and it distracted her enough to even out her breathing. Her mouth shut and she dipped her snout to Augur, tail waving slowly behind her. After a few more steadying breaths, she trusted herself to speak.

Remembering the way her sister had perceived her behavior toward New Snow, Masque wanted to apologize and clear the air. Before she could say a word, she noticed the tuft of red fur in his mouth. It effectively paralyzed her tongue.

She tentatively moved to sniff at it, making a point to nudge the man’s jaw before the drew her dead mother’s scent into her lungs. It triggered so many emotions. Masque closed her eyes and let out a whine, bereft.

When she opened them a few moments later, she met his and said, I’m sorry I lost my head. I meant what I said, before. Stay. Then, Hunt with me?
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
10,000 Spoons - by Raider - January 02, 2024, 02:29 PM
RE: 10,000 Spoons - by Mountain Boulder - January 02, 2024, 03:55 PM
RE: 10,000 Spoons - by Raider - January 02, 2024, 09:01 PM
RE: 10,000 Spoons - by Mountain Boulder - January 03, 2024, 01:53 PM
RE: 10,000 Spoons - by Raider - January 05, 2024, 10:30 AM
RE: 10,000 Spoons - by Mountain Boulder - January 13, 2024, 03:02 PM
RE: 10,000 Spoons - by Raider - January 14, 2024, 11:18 AM
RE: 10,000 Spoons - by Mountain Boulder - January 23, 2024, 02:55 PM
RE: 10,000 Spoons - by Raider - January 24, 2024, 11:06 AM