The Heartwood Never opened myself this way.
Morningside
Chief*
Sword of the Morning
544 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Historian
The panther was gratified to see the effect this information had on Ciri. He relaxed a fraction, glad that she was someone who cared for the wolves of Moonglow.

"It looks that way," said Dutch, allowing for some small shred of doubt. He wished sometimes for Ariadne to prove him wrong — but alternative explanations left him feeling sick with fear for the girl. And as for why, Dutch had slowly been coming to a conclusion. It was a shred of misgiving he'd carried in him since before departing the glacier with Chakliux.

"I cannot say," he admitted, deciding that his theory was better left unsaid — at least in so many words. "She left with her husband, who I believe is capable of seeing them both through the winter." Even though she was small, and injured, and quite probably with child. The panther grit his teeth, his muzzle wrinkling briefly before he forced his anger away once more. "But she was recovering from an injury. And she had come into her womanhood just before she left. She is young." A slight pause, and then: "He is not. He is of an age with me or you."
Messages In This Thread
Never opened myself this way. - by Ciri - January 16, 2024, 02:15 PM
RE: Never opened myself this way. - by Dutch - January 16, 2024, 02:41 PM
RE: Never opened myself this way. - by Ciri - January 16, 2024, 02:57 PM
RE: Never opened myself this way. - by Dutch - January 16, 2024, 03:13 PM
RE: Never opened myself this way. - by Ciri - January 16, 2024, 03:29 PM
RE: Never opened myself this way. - by Dutch - January 16, 2024, 03:47 PM
RE: Never opened myself this way. - by Ciri - January 16, 2024, 04:02 PM
RE: Never opened myself this way. - by Dutch - January 16, 2024, 04:14 PM
RE: Never opened myself this way. - by Ciri - January 17, 2024, 02:43 PM
RE: Never opened myself this way. - by Dutch - January 18, 2024, 11:45 PM