Noctisardor Bypass believe in me and I'll believe in you
Loner
seraphs sob at vermin fangs
693 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Her question made him pause and think, swallowing a mouthful of food. He gave a roll of his shoulder in a shrug, because in truth he had no idea. There was a vague memory of someone leaving; he had forgotten that he'd had a brother, once, and presumed the sentiment was from a mother or father instead. But he remembered what Merrick had told him, suddenly — that he had been fed the same milk as the man's daughter. He could not picture his mother's face, and such a time was too long ago to dredge through.

I think my dad left. I don't remember my mother, though. Probably both dead by now either way. He said this passively, with little to no feeling behind the statement. It was a truth Glaukos could accept. They had left him somehow, and what could it change now if he knew the truth? He was a grown man. He had survived.

As Druid went on to speak of their similarities (at least in what they lacked), Glaukos huffed over his meal and murmured, I had Germanicus — the general, who taught me to be a soldier. I guess he's the closest I've got to a parent of any kind. But it felt wrong to put that sentiment upon the man.

What kind of dad will you choose to be?

His meal was finished. He licked the blood from his lips now.

Guess we'll find out. They'll be kept safe and fed, so... What else is there? He gave another shrug, although a stern expression settled across his face that Glaukos could not see upon himself, giving him a similar vibe to the Imperator that he hadn't seen in months.
Messages In This Thread
believe in me and I'll believe in you - by Myrmidon - January 24, 2024, 02:28 PM
RE: believe in me and I'll believe in you - by Druid - January 24, 2024, 02:39 PM
RE: believe in me and I'll believe in you - by Myrmidon - January 24, 2024, 02:45 PM
RE: believe in me and I'll believe in you - by Druid - January 24, 2024, 02:59 PM
RE: believe in me and I'll believe in you - by Myrmidon - January 24, 2024, 03:06 PM
RE: believe in me and I'll believe in you - by Druid - January 24, 2024, 03:47 PM
RE: believe in me and I'll believe in you - by Myrmidon - January 24, 2024, 04:15 PM
RE: believe in me and I'll believe in you - by Druid - January 24, 2024, 04:22 PM
RE: believe in me and I'll believe in you - by Myrmidon - January 24, 2024, 04:27 PM
RE: believe in me and I'll believe in you - by Druid - January 24, 2024, 04:34 PM
RE: believe in me and I'll believe in you - by Myrmidon - January 24, 2024, 05:07 PM
RE: believe in me and I'll believe in you - by Druid - January 24, 2024, 05:32 PM
RE: believe in me and I'll believe in you - by Myrmidon - January 24, 2024, 06:54 PM
RE: believe in me and I'll believe in you - by Druid - January 24, 2024, 07:05 PM