Swiftcurrent Creek copper
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,174 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Master Medic
thank you <3 <3

Arlette helped her towards the river where the cool water was rushing past. A warrior? Then she realized her scars and well yes, in a way she was a warrior but probably not in the way the female mentioned it. Uhm.. No, sorry. I got attacked by a cougar, she explained. Luckily she had survived it, her pups had not that year. It was still a little painful, but it also had been a very long time ago. She had been so young and very innocent about the world.

When they reached the river she instructed Muskrat. Place your paw into the cool water. It will hopefully help with the swelling,with that said Arlette looked around if there were come quick herbs around. Nope, she would need to gather her supplies. I will be right back. Stay with your leg in the water. Arlette then trotted off to gather the things she might need. She had a feeling it was broken and not often one would come across a broken bone.

Arlette went to grab the cattails and reeds she collected. Within twenty minutes she returned to the female. She placed the supplies down and then was off again to the nearest tree. She started to pull off some bark and finding what she was looking for. Resin. She returned and placed it on the pile of supplies. She motioned for the female to come closer. Sit and try to stretch your leg, she instructed.

Okay I am going make you a splint. It might hurt a little but the split will help to keep the bone straight and heal, she explained. Arlette started to pull some of the fluff out of the cattails, it was a little messy especially when she started to mix it with the tree sap from the bark. It was rather sticky after all. She knew she would be a mess of fluff and tree sap later but oh well. She got to help someone.

She first made a layer with the reed fluff around her leg, and then started layering the stems, breaking them at the right length with her teeth. She made sure the bottom leg was kept straight as she worked. It was a tedious procedure. She would need more tree sap. Hoping that the splint would be stable enough for her later. At least it would help with her walking. Arlette went to grab some more for some of the last layers. She hoped the fluff in the first layer would make it more comfortable for her. She tried to work as gently as possible but with the leg on tension and stretched it probably wasn't fun. You okay so far? Want to tell me what happened?
Current State
Nursing Mother
Messages In This Thread
copper - by Muskrat - May 07, 2024, 04:15 PM
RE: copper - by Arlette - May 08, 2024, 02:41 AM
RE: copper - by Muskrat - May 10, 2024, 07:54 AM
RE: copper - by Arlette - May 11, 2024, 12:55 PM
RE: copper - by Muskrat - May 14, 2024, 01:58 PM
RE: copper - by Arlette - May 15, 2024, 03:55 AM
RE: copper - by Muskrat - May 15, 2024, 12:22 PM
RE: copper - by Arlette - May 16, 2024, 04:23 AM
RE: copper - by Muskrat - May 16, 2024, 12:49 PM