Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,142 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Perhaps it was that Frolic had indeed cleaned herself well, or perhaps it was that Eljay was too happy just to see his daughter to notice anything — he did not think of anything being off, instead losing himself in the embrace for a moment. Grateful that he got to see Frolic.

It did not take long for anxiety to set in — was she going to stay here? Or was she just dropping in for a visit? Would it be unfair to ask her which it was? Having learned that 'I missed you' might only push them further away, instead he chose different words. It's so good to see you, he murmured into her fur instead, just before Frolic unwrapped herself from his hug. She asked all the questions, and Eljay answered quickly with the biggest highlight: Chickadee had pups. They're beautiful, and healthy, and — everything is wonderful. Eljay smiled warmly as he thought of his grandchildren. Then he thought of Teya's departure, casting a dark rim around the mood. He said with a frown, Teya left, to go exploring, and — and what, exactly? — maybe — possibly — probably live elsewhere. It hurt to say it out loud, and he couldn't fully admit it to even himself that she was probably not coming back.

Are you staying? It would push her away.

Do you want to see them? he tried instead, thinking maybe he could entice her to stay with the sight of her nieces and nephew. Eljay and Maia had just discussed recently how they hoped everyone was okay, out there, and he had thought it's fine this way. It was fine that they had their own lives, and, well, it was... But seeing Frolic again made him long to have her back here, all the same. He knew he couldn't say it, thought. He knew she needed to live her own life.
Messages In This Thread
call me a spaceman - by Frolic - June 10, 2024, 09:40 AM
RE: call me a spaceman - by Eljay - June 11, 2024, 03:31 AM
RE: call me a spaceman - by Frolic - June 11, 2024, 08:14 AM
RE: call me a spaceman - by Eljay - June 19, 2024, 02:53 AM
RE: call me a spaceman - by Frolic - June 19, 2024, 08:03 AM
RE: call me a spaceman - by Eljay - June 20, 2024, 08:01 AM
RE: call me a spaceman - by Frolic - June 20, 2024, 09:01 AM
RE: call me a spaceman - by Eljay - June 21, 2024, 07:30 AM
RE: call me a spaceman - by Frolic - June 24, 2024, 09:01 AM
RE: call me a spaceman - by Eljay - June 26, 2024, 01:08 AM