Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,142 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay smiled as Frolic said she'd stay a few days. At least he would have an opportunity to pry a little further, try to figure out what it was that was bothering her. At this point, Eljay was convinced that something was wrong, and he wouldn't just give up trying to figure out what it was that was wrong with Frolic. It frustrated him that she wasn't letting him in, when she answered 'yes'. Just tired... Perhaps young Eljay would've believed her, but in his late age, Eljay had learned that he may not be as good at others at everything, but he could trust his emotional instincts. For now, though, he knew that it would risk her running off if he pushed too hard, so he could do nothing with his frustrations and knowledge. He'd try over the course of the next days to get something out of her, but he knew that it was difficult for parents to get children to confide (well, some of them, anyway).

Of course, Eljay said when Frolic asked if they could go and see Maia. He turned away from the borders and led the way into Brecheliant. At Frolic's question, he chuckled, and said: We haven't really talked about it very much, but we are thinking that maybe — he paused a few seconds, wanting to breach the subject delicately, as he didn't want to say we're getting old, — Nature has chosen it to be time for us to enjoy our grandchildren instead. Then, a bit more hasty than he had intended, he added: And children, of course, while sending Frolic a soft smile.
Messages In This Thread
call me a spaceman - by Frolic - June 10, 2024, 09:40 AM
RE: call me a spaceman - by Eljay - June 11, 2024, 03:31 AM
RE: call me a spaceman - by Frolic - June 11, 2024, 08:14 AM
RE: call me a spaceman - by Eljay - June 19, 2024, 02:53 AM
RE: call me a spaceman - by Frolic - June 19, 2024, 08:03 AM
RE: call me a spaceman - by Eljay - June 20, 2024, 08:01 AM
RE: call me a spaceman - by Frolic - June 20, 2024, 09:01 AM
RE: call me a spaceman - by Eljay - June 21, 2024, 07:30 AM
RE: call me a spaceman - by Frolic - June 24, 2024, 09:01 AM
RE: call me a spaceman - by Eljay - June 26, 2024, 01:08 AM