Otter Creek wolves of the calla
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra had her reservations about returning relmyna to the woods. she felt immense pity for the wolf, wondering if she went back out of duty or simply fear -- she did not for a moment believe anything good sprung from such dimly lit mires. it caused her distress to imagine whatever had inflicted those wounds on relmyna was possibly in the woods, and as they trudged closer her steps grew shorter, her limbs dragging along the powdery snow with heavy conscience.

she caught the glance that relmyna posed and at first knew not what to do with it -- yet she could tell there was a spark of interest in her eyes that she had not seen prior. they were almost by the borders when indra stopped, shaking her head firmly. she turned to the female and crouched beseechingly, her tail low as she implored her companion: "do you really want to go back?" she hissed under her breath, casting skeptical glances to the forest that loomed ahead. "could you have a better life, away from whatever did that to you?" her voice stayed hushed, but there was a sharpness to it: "you could come with me, indra, and be safe. from whoever did that to you. come with me - i could help you. my sister could help you.." (okay, laurel helping was debatable, but still).

of course, it did not occur to the red-furred wolf that perhaps, this woman did not need the help of a silly little girl at all.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
wolves of the calla - by Relmyna - December 21, 2017, 01:46 PM
RE: wolves of the calla - by Indra - December 21, 2017, 07:41 PM
RE: wolves of the calla - by Relmyna - December 23, 2017, 12:40 PM
RE: wolves of the calla - by Indra - December 28, 2017, 07:20 PM
RE: wolves of the calla - by Relmyna - December 29, 2017, 09:55 PM
RE: wolves of the calla - by Indra - December 30, 2017, 11:26 PM
RE: wolves of the calla - by Relmyna - January 03, 2018, 01:14 AM
RE: wolves of the calla - by Indra - January 04, 2018, 01:03 PM
RE: wolves of the calla - by Relmyna - January 06, 2018, 12:43 PM
RE: wolves of the calla - by Indra - January 06, 2018, 10:31 PM
RE: wolves of the calla - by Relmyna - January 12, 2018, 11:44 PM