Neverwinter Forest heavy metal broke my heart
1,293 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Tactician
Seer

A steady breeze was blowing north-to-south as he marched and it wasn't until Screech was cloistered within the forest that it shifted, bringing with it some brine scent with an oddly familiar quality to it. He raised his head to investigate when it shifted again, carrying the ocean smell back out from where it had come and bringing him the stink of Blackfeather. While he initially felt misgivings upon identifying that scent, he wasn't exactly afraid. Screech didn't feel anything at this point (not about the dark forest anyway, or the wolves that might have dwelled there).

The scent made him think of home more than anything, and that hurt.

If a wolf of Blackfeather was this far from that damnable forest — but he couldn't complete that thought, couldn't wonder about the efficacy of Towhee on the battlefield with Phox to back her up or the potential damage that the war could have caused, because a voice broke through the darkness and sent a chill down his spine. It didn't surprise him so much as make him feel physically ill, a factor which had Screech mentally thinking, 'That's more like it.'

He turned as sharply as he could manage so that his good eye aligned with the sound's origin and at first, he didn't see a thing. But then the stranger spoke again (rather, continued,) and the blackness of their face became a set of shining teeth and a pink, wagging tongue. The boy didn't move. He did not show any indication that he understood and merely watched her, wondering if this woman knew anything about the war. Screech wanted to ask but alas, he lacked the balls.

You could'a just said black wolf, purple eyes, or whatever. Didn't have to make your kid sound so extra. He wasn't trying to be disrespectful (and in fact, Screech's voice was monotone in its entirety) although he was aware of how he might sound to the wrong pair of ears. Obviously he didnt want to piss off any Blackfeather asshole when he was this far from Ravensblood. Don't think I've seen him. But he could've snuck by on my bad side if he really wanted to. A joke? He was joking around with some Blackfeather brood? Okay, clearly the kid had lost his mind along the way here. 

Messages In This Thread
heavy metal broke my heart - by Titmouse (Ghost) - January 31, 2018, 10:29 PM
RE: heavy metal broke my heart - by Nemesis - February 01, 2018, 01:44 AM
RE: heavy metal broke my heart - by Titmouse (Ghost) - February 06, 2018, 10:11 PM