Bearclaw Valley can you still sleep, the way i used to?
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
tags for visibility - AW

indra knew nothing about pregnancy - either how long it lasted, or what its effects were -- (maybe @Blondine knew?) but she knew her sister would need food in the upcoming months. already she had stocked the cache's near @Laurel's den with small morsels; the corpses of lesser kills such as voles and marmots evidenced her efforts. she had even secured a grouse and a hare -- but these were scant offerings, and indra remained unsatisfied.

in the hopes of finding something more meaningful, indra had left the valley that morning, and did not return until near nightfall. she was almost spent from her efforts as she made her way back into the valley, the thin bent front limb of a deer held in her jaws.  it had been carrion from several territories over, but would surely offer some form of sustenance for laurel.

indra passed the boulder where the wolf known as 'the dumb girl' per laurel ( @Reigi ) oft habituated, and did so with a thick snarl glutting her throat. she could not see the wolf yet, nor did she even know if she was there, but indra intended to announce her passing with a deeply thunderous grumble. xan had told her to ignore his paramour's presence, but how could she when the brute insisted on occupying the only egress into the valley?

between clenched teeth indra huffed at the ridiculousness of the request. it was not her fault xan had poor taste in his concubines and they just happened to have an unfair vendetta against her. laurel excluded, naturally. 

in truth, she hoped to come across @Xan - but if she didn't, she'd be just as happy stowing the small gift to her sister away before hunting him down.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Indra - March 05, 2018, 10:55 PM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Xan - March 06, 2018, 06:55 AM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Indra - March 07, 2018, 08:00 PM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Reigi - March 08, 2018, 08:16 PM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Xan - March 17, 2018, 08:33 AM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Indra - March 17, 2018, 12:21 PM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Reigi - March 17, 2018, 12:41 PM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Xan - March 27, 2018, 04:45 AM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Indra - March 27, 2018, 10:04 AM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Reigi - March 27, 2018, 11:36 AM
RE: can you still sleep, the way i used to? - by Xan - April 24, 2018, 11:36 PM