Stone Circle so i'll follow the birdsong
what's a little sweetheart like you
doing with a bloody nose?
576 Posts
Ooc —
Also a one post wonder

Raleska hadn't enjoyed their trip beyond Grimnismal. At first she had liked it enough to be curious, but as the hours pressed on and her limited supply of energy slowed to a close, the girl had become sullen and withdrawn. Even her eyes, bright and freshly minted in yellow, had lost their luster. Bedraggled and emotionally shut-down, the girl had soldiered behind her parents as the monotonous days drew on.

She had been too tired to set up much of a fuss as her parents fretted and met strangers. If she hadn't been so hungry, and if that hunger hadn't sapped every ounce of willpower from her, she might have looked at the strangers with curiosity. They might have been regarded as a marvel, some new playmate or being to befriend for the girl whose life had yet to callously jade her.. but she was too tired, and she only looked at them for a moment before her eyes closed and she stood still with exhaustion boxing her in on all sides.

It was her father's words and the unfamiliar ire in them that caused the girl to wake; she had missed the commotion with her brothers and the bird, but the darkness in her father's words jolted her. Her eyes fluttered open and she swayed almost deliriously, her blurry gaze focusing on the stern wolves that had turned her and her siblings away. It took her a few seconds to piece together that they were not stopping, and when she realized their journey was not ending and that they were still doing this horrible march, it was the straw that fractured her dogtired composure.

She felt despondence press heavily in her heart, and her stoicism had no means in which to withstand it. Overwrought with misery, Raleska broke down in a loud and keening wail that carried on for miles after they had left Easthollow.
all of which makes me anxious,
at times unbearably so.
Messages In This Thread
so i'll follow the birdsong - by Kierkegaard - June 02, 2018, 11:47 PM
RE: so i'll follow the birdsong - by Illecebra - June 03, 2018, 03:45 PM
RE: so i'll follow the birdsong - by Caiaphas - June 03, 2018, 05:09 PM
RE: so i'll follow the birdsong - by Ephraim - June 03, 2018, 08:11 PM
RE: so i'll follow the birdsong - by Stark - June 04, 2018, 12:31 AM
RE: so i'll follow the birdsong - by RIP Valette - June 04, 2018, 11:29 AM
RE: so i'll follow the birdsong - by Kierkegaard - June 06, 2018, 02:40 AM
RE: so i'll follow the birdsong - by Illidan - June 06, 2018, 02:58 AM
RE: so i'll follow the birdsong - by Caiaphas - June 08, 2018, 06:32 PM