Permafrost Hollows and in the end, i'll do it all again
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
shhh it's not 2am

The embrace felt— it felt like being home, and that was when he realized he was. In the end, no amount of wishing or trying would change that no place could ever bring him this feeling. No other wolf could, either. Just... this one. He tucked himself tightly against his brother, ignoring for the moment the rawness that still hung between them. It would for awhile, he knew.
Relieved by the answer he received, Alarian nosed gently through the familiar grey fur, almost as if searching for the smallest differences. Truth be told, he was still convincing himself this was real. He could feel his breath catching again at Zamael's explanation— that didn't feel real, either. But he liked the sound of it— liked the idea that maybe, just maybe, someone did exist who loved him that much.
If he could believe it of anyone, it would be Zamael. Alarian fell quickly back into old habits; after some time, his nosing turned to soft but insistent grooming. There was so much to say, and none of it came to him now. He could only soak in the scent and feeling of his brother, commit the exact sound of each syllable he spoke to memory. He needed to save him, the memory of him, because—

Despite what he wanted to believe, and despite any pretty words Zamael might offer, he knew somewhere within himself that his beloved brother would leave him again. Time and time again it had been proven that the world never gave him gifts it did not intend on taking back. He accepted each one eagerly nonetheless— and this one, he took most eagerly of all, already picturing well the ruin it would make of him.
I love you, He breathed, thinking then that he'd never stop saying it now that Zamael was here to listen.
Messages In This Thread
and in the end, i'll do it all again - by Alarian - June 23, 2018, 09:34 PM
RE: and in the end, i'll do it all again - by Zamael - June 24, 2018, 01:24 AM
RE: and in the end, i'll do it all again - by Alarian - June 24, 2018, 01:40 AM
RE: and in the end, i'll do it all again - by Zamael - June 27, 2018, 03:26 AM
RE: and in the end, i'll do it all again - by Alarian - June 27, 2018, 03:59 AM
RE: and in the end, i'll do it all again - by Zamael - June 27, 2018, 05:35 PM
RE: and in the end, i'll do it all again - by Alarian - June 27, 2018, 06:05 PM
RE: and in the end, i'll do it all again - by Zamael - June 27, 2018, 06:23 PM
RE: and in the end, i'll do it all again - by Alarian - June 27, 2018, 07:09 PM
RE: and in the end, i'll do it all again - by Zamael - June 29, 2018, 05:45 PM