Jade Fern Grove We mean it, but I promise we're not mean.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
You're fine! Thanks for joining! :)

The heat was better under the coverage of the trees, but it was still enough to make her uncomfortable under her thick arctic coat. Even after she had shed a good amount of it in the late spring, there was still plenty left to make the summer nice and miserable. So, wanting some relief, she had sought out one of the creeks she had visited many times on her various patrols. She knew there was one near where she currently was, so she started off in that direction.

When she came close enough to scent the water, she was irritated to pick up the scent of the female her brother had brought to the den earlier. God, what had he been thinking? Anger and hurt shot through her at the reminder of how he had snapped at her, but she just as quickly pushed it from her mind for now, not really wanting to revisit that moment currently. 

If she was being honest, it really wasn't the woman's fault that Sia had lead her into a less than ideal situation. Taki didn't really blame her, but she had avoided her all the same, not wanting to apologize for how things had gone. She didn't usually apologize for her actions, especially when she was protecting their vulnerable, and she wasn't sure if this new wolf was expecting one. 

She continued to the water anyway. The female had probably scented her, and Taki wasn't one to avoid confrontation. When she reached the creek, she saw that the other wolf was in the water, probably taking refuge from the summer heat. She didn't say anything to the new female; she just studied her for a minute before finally lowering her head to the water to take a drink.
Inuttuk
Common

Messages In This Thread
We mean it, but I promise we're not mean. - by Takiyok - July 18, 2018, 07:06 PM
RE: We mean it, but I promise we're not mean. - by Takiyok - July 18, 2018, 11:22 PM
RE: We mean it, but I promise we're not mean. - by Nanook - August 06, 2018, 04:35 PM
RE: We mean it, but I promise we're not mean. - by Nanook - August 14, 2018, 11:04 PM