Duck Lake and we'd break under the weight of any pain that ever came in this life
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
an impish grin flashed across the proud features of the mongol; indra caught the brief flare, her mouth formed in a quiet gasp at the cheeky wisdom that followed. love the cock, ignore the mouth -- it was an incredibly ribald adage, but it tickled indra all the same.

women were more to indra's liking, but for different reasons --she found in many ways the fairer sex was more dangerous, but not in the same savage ways as a male. perhaps their virtue was not colluded by whatever malign discomfiture settled in a male's heart -- certainly indra had never heard of a she-wolf disfiguring a stranger for no reason, and she had little faith it was simply because women were considered less physically capable.

no - there was something defective about being male, in indra's eyes. they were born rotten, and rarely overcame it. whereas she thought women were more likely to be born pure, and gradually, became blighted by the iniquities of the world.

tashkent's family customs intrigued indra, but she didn't find the exotic's life particularly appealing. laurel was her net and her rock - while the two were independent, they were better as a package deal. "that is an interesting lifestyle. i am never far from my family. they are just beyond that ridge." she motioned to the settlement of timbers in the distance. "i say i was hunting, but really, i was looking for a puppy from our pack that disappeared months ago. i don't think we will ever see him again, but i can't help but be watchful when i am out."
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.