Dragoncrest Cliffs So hard for a good soul to survive
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
If there was any calamity within the traveler’s ivory face, she did well to conceal it, leaving Aure none the wiser. As for Aurëwen herself... it became evident that, at her very self, she wasn’t as  wintry as she seemed. Couldn’t ever be, because somewhere between the words ”yes” and ”I know” her arctic façade thawed, brow knitted. Eyes became bleary, unseeing, as a thin breath shivered from her airless lungs.

As Takiyok went on, her expression fractured into quivery wonderment. It was one thing to hold an ever-waning belief; to have it become known as truth was... devastating in itself. No sound came from her, except for another soft, muted gasp. ”P-please, forgive me.” She wouldn’t let herself cry here, not with the situation still at hand. In a graceless attempt to remember herself, she tried to straighten her wilted posture, ”Your generosity, ze prospect of your blessing—is more than appreciated. O-of course I will name you when I may seek Stigmata out. I couldn’t ever fathom doing anything but.”

Then, the Diaspore continued, and spoke of ensuring information and all else, for her, for Vonn’s sake. Only just reviving herself from the first account, now she was left blinking fervently through the glacier-maid’s second tangent. This time, the words alit on her conscience with an earnest tone. Not so much as an oath as it was practical, logical, to get her where she needed to be. Nonetheless, nobody had ever offered to go for such lengths for her with this, strangers or no.

That was what finally rifted a fissure in her. Sure, it was probably all but a dipolmatic, sincere manuevre that was common between those who searched for the same thing. But Aure wasn't used to it, and it meant her heart ached with appreciation for it.

So much she wanted to say, but didn’t quite, didn’t know how. Instead, she turned from them both to drift a moment's reach or so away, emotion emnating through the wisping frailness of her body. ”There... there is so much that I must do here within ze coming weeks, if I am to depart at some point. I-I'm sure something may be arranged, regardless,” her airy voice dawdling back to the pair, a little more than overwhelmed; punctuated a word or so with a fluttery shrug of her shoulders.

Throat muscles and jaw strained to work, to continue, unable to even think properly. As it was, Aure didn’t quite have the emotional fortitude to make her way back over to them. At least, until she regained some semblance of herself, when her thoughts weren't so flighty. Gathering herself back again—or whatever poise she still had left—she regarded Takiyok from over a sharp shoulder. Mulțumesc.” There was enough in that single, foreign word to be taken as some kind of gratitude, and she lent it to Takiyok with a soulful gaze. What else could she say to the wanderer, with her poor words and poor mind?

Her mind flickered along the thread of What can I do to ensure that she endures on her own search? She contemplated for a moment... "We have just replenished our supply of herbs, I believe. I'm more than certain that we have ze type used for travelling." The little she-wolf allowed the suggestion to hang between them, her tone courteous and indulgent once more.
Messages In This Thread
So hard for a good soul to survive - by Takiyok - December 31, 2018, 10:46 PM
RE: So hard for a good soul to survive - by Vercingetorix - January 01, 2019, 08:58 PM
RE: So hard for a good soul to survive - by Takiyok - January 03, 2019, 03:54 PM
RE: So hard for a good soul to survive - by Vercingetorix - January 04, 2019, 08:27 PM
RE: So hard for a good soul to survive - by Takiyok - January 08, 2019, 01:22 AM
RE: So hard for a good soul to survive - by Andraste - January 09, 2019, 07:14 PM
RE: So hard for a good soul to survive - by Vercingetorix - January 10, 2019, 06:27 PM
RE: So hard for a good soul to survive - by Takiyok - January 15, 2019, 01:43 PM
RE: So hard for a good soul to survive - by Andraste - January 15, 2019, 03:15 PM
RE: So hard for a good soul to survive - by Vercingetorix - January 16, 2019, 06:40 PM
RE: So hard for a good soul to survive - by Takiyok - January 17, 2019, 03:35 AM
RE: So hard for a good soul to survive - by Andraste - January 17, 2019, 06:03 AM
RE: So hard for a good soul to survive - by Vercingetorix - January 17, 2019, 11:35 PM
RE: So hard for a good soul to survive - by Takiyok - January 18, 2019, 09:26 PM
RE: So hard for a good soul to survive - by Andraste - January 18, 2019, 10:16 PM
RE: So hard for a good soul to survive - by Vercingetorix - January 18, 2019, 10:23 PM
RE: So hard for a good soul to survive - by Takiyok - January 19, 2019, 01:00 AM