Arrow Lake darling you're wild eyed, empty & tongue tied
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
ONCE SITUATED AT THE COPSE, she made to face him, even though his words gave her cause to halt. The skayona merely blinked, a slim brow quirking in mild pique; a thin tug of her lips made itself known as he continued. Aure instead reclined onto her coltish hocks, studying the coldness in his voice as she would with the iridescent flakes of winter. She allowed the frigidity to melt into her thoughts, and gazed back into those austere eyes with rabbit-soft ones of her own. Invitation accepted. "Mm, you are right. I have not seen my hanar for several months, you know. Then..." With her gaze cast heavensward, she then let herself enter the embrace of the Celestium, whole and bare and with her soul.

"I suppose I may... boast, as you said, about ze stars. I know ze way that will lead me to ze home that is my kru. I know that they will guide me to Vonnaruil, one way or another. I know that ze constellations, no matter what part of this world I wander, will remain devoted to them... as I am to they. We are a part of each other. I know it in ze very essence of my soul."

Looked, with eyes that became full of whimsy, into the endless that was peirced forever by earth-made spires. Teekon's constellations have become familiar; as familiar to her as the dreamy, heady nooks of her own mind. And yet, fleeting and coy, they quiver behind the skirts of sunlight; Aure undresses herself to them, makes herself naked. And then her soul bathes within the Celestium as if she were a woman dancing unclad within the Mediterranian. "We died twice, that night. Once in ze waters and what they gave us; and then again, in ze gloam. They were there as I was reborn beneath them; they were there when my brother was reborn in shadow. All I can do is to let them make me their own, and to let them to see me as I see them."

Face full of chimerical rapture, her lashes fluttered as she looked back up into Stigmata's face, lips parted softly as a docile breath wisped from her lungs. Clung to his mountain-made gaze, if only to tether herself back Here, leaving her Home, her Celestium behind. In several more blinks, she regarded the general with a softhearted regard, an enigmatic smile faint and rare at her lips once more. "What is it that you would boast of?" There was a teasing, lilting edge to her tone; she hadn't forgotten his chilling challenge. 
Messages In This Thread
RE: darling you're wild eyed, empty & tongue tied - by Andraste - January 21, 2019, 01:29 AM