Dragoncrest Cliffs this maudlin moment
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
"No," she bit out, the almost-same rage he was engulfed with evident in her hoarse voice. Lips trembling, salted eyes remained closed as she nestled into him. "When I-- we woke, we found out that he'd long been expelled from Rhaesuial's domain," lashes flit open, only to see silvered gloam enveloping her sight, "c-courtesy of my father, who promptly wanted him dead. As did my mother, even more-so."

Finally, after lingering for another moment, she drew away, sniffling and blinking tearfully up at him. "F-forgive me, Verx. It seems all I ever do is cry, lately..." Lost to a momentary creeping of fatigue and his eyes, she was unaware of the tender press of their noses against another, "I... I'll have to live with it until my last day. Live with this," a quirk of her narrow chin, a notch in muzzle at the scars. "It haunts me, and I don't doubt it doesn't haunt my brother. Before I lost him, he... he lost himself to his own shadows, I suppose, but hadn't become so reclusive as I had. Vonnaruil is quite my opposite."

Biting lips and ears flickering uncertainly, she then came to her senses and, suddenly timid, withdrew her muzzle from his own. Timid, despite having indulged in him in less affectionate ways. "If I had ze choice to... to kill him, I... feel as if Dennan would divide me regardless. Perhaps I'll never know whether revenge will bring my conscience peace. But," Her eyes nonetheless swept up to her cheka once more, sorrowful and soft, seeking for something in his own, "with you, I... it... peace of mind comes to me a little easier. Even if I do nothing but drown you in tears."

'And cannot know anything but you, when we're like this.'
Messages In This Thread
this maudlin moment - by Andraste - January 18, 2019, 11:21 PM
RE: this maudlin moment - by Vercingetorix - January 22, 2019, 12:14 AM
RE: this maudlin moment - by Andraste - January 22, 2019, 12:38 AM
RE: this maudlin moment - by Vercingetorix - January 22, 2019, 12:49 AM
RE: this maudlin moment - by Andraste - January 22, 2019, 01:02 AM
RE: this maudlin moment - by Vercingetorix - January 22, 2019, 01:16 AM
RE: this maudlin moment - by Andraste - January 22, 2019, 01:36 AM
RE: this maudlin moment - by Vercingetorix - January 25, 2019, 11:08 PM
RE: this maudlin moment - by Andraste - January 25, 2019, 11:34 PM
RE: this maudlin moment - by Vercingetorix - January 26, 2019, 12:26 AM