Firefly Ravine I was born to be free
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
After spending some further time in Elysium, Aure had begun to make her laggared return to her northern cliffs. When she'd first left the redwoods, it had been to distance herself from the smothering embrace of dreariness that the kru had ported into; simply put, Aure was one who had a better time mourning alone. And though, yes, she was weighed down by Blixen's obituary of Antumbra, she couldn't resist feeling... a bit removed from the grief of others. Pledged to Antumbra, yes; but she felt severed, because she hadn't been as tied to the leader in battle, in blood, and in all of those ways that many wolves would become mere apostles for their matriarch.

The skayona could blame it on her pregnancy, even as she was ᴛᴡᴏ ᴡᴇᴇᴋs ᴀʟᴏɴɢ already. But... the truth? It was only a life-debt that Aure had owed the late heda, for allowing her into her realm. As it was, Aure had thought she'd simply been mannerly, respectful in every sense, to keep her distance and refrain from further relations. When she'd been an heiress to Rhaesuial, even when she never wanted to be, her luna-loving patrons had kept their distance more than ever. And yet, she'd come to know these corsairs in the only way she knew: fleeting, drifting, and when she chose. And yet, she'd mated with Antumbra's -- now Blixen's, right? -- guard, in body, in soul, in essence. 

Regardless of what Aure meant to the Drakru, she would do what she could to remain steadfast alongside them. Just as she'd been on the cusp of war, skirmished, Rakk's assault... she would stay, her own worries aside. At a time when they mattered so little, when her "barbarians" -- as mother would say -- needed her gentle resolve once more. And... oh, Verx'My love, my campion frumos, how can I miss you so when the day hasn't even half begun?' He would need her, now, more than ever -- and here she was, dizzy with their children, in a place she wasn't familiar with.

A soft, uneasy whine left her, and she stopped in her steps. Wavered on the spot as she closed her eyes against the nausea. The swell of morning sickness, otherwise, swept through her with deliberate, grousing intent. An airy groan left her, and the flush came in a new surge of vertigo, and Aure pitched forward, woozy and stumbling. As a resolute fatigue, black and spinning drew itself over her, Aure's last thoughts were how that she was without a bodyguard to guide her like she should have requested for of Lily.
tl;dr she faints away from ros but still near enough to be seen rip
Messages In This Thread
I was born to be free - by Rosalyn - February 05, 2019, 08:40 PM
RE: I was born to be free - by Andraste - February 06, 2019, 11:31 AM
RE: I was born to be free - by Rosalyn - February 06, 2019, 12:46 PM
RE: I was born to be free - by Andraste - February 06, 2019, 03:01 PM
RE: I was born to be free - by Rosalyn - February 06, 2019, 06:00 PM
RE: I was born to be free - by Andraste - February 06, 2019, 06:18 PM
RE: I was born to be free - by Rosalyn - February 06, 2019, 06:32 PM
RE: I was born to be free - by Raleska - February 06, 2019, 06:42 PM
RE: I was born to be free - by Andraste - February 06, 2019, 07:43 PM
RE: I was born to be free - by Rosalyn - February 06, 2019, 08:01 PM