Dragoncrest Cliffs might as well ask what makes a star
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
The russet’s claim only helped to bolster Aure’s own stance in all of this, and it was enough to have the silver motioning for the opkepa to follow. ”I’ll admit, I’ve discovered Hougeda rather... rather late,” she lent, voice a little flustered. ”Up until some weeks ago, I’d had my own cove. But, I’ve heard of this one and, well... well, I’d like to explore more of it. I don’t think I am able to descend without help, though,” words falling into a mutter, gaze flickering absently at her belly.

The pale herbalist gave a flimsy scuff of a paw through water, sent it skipping, entirely unsure as to why she was acting so anxious. “I’ve... been meaning to ask, what would you think of myself situating another apothecary somewhere? It might be good to have two of them — more resources, more flow between tenants.” She'd all but forgotten her little quest to search for a new abode, one for apothecary, and one for whelping (as well as a rendezvous for labor — thinking ahead always seems to work in her favor.)

The search had been right after her... her vendetta with Vercingetorix. She tried to not dwell upon all she’d known of the both of them; how his words merely reinforced her understanding of the situation. How they... how they hurt, the words; how the two of Them hurt; how his rearing alongside her remained to be more than she could ask for. And would only be what she could ever ask for, it seems.

Again — she tries to not dwell on it, as much as her heart wishes to. Instead, her mind has turned to the kru in the meantime; she needed to grow here. Grow from her hurts as her heart soothed itself out. Evermore, structure needed to be brought back to the cliffs, and her concept to Rose was merely that: a concept. 

Nonetheless, a smile warbled on her scarred lips at a sudden, absurd thought: ”If you’d like, we could even announce it at ze lake? ‘Ailments for ailing! Balls—‘“ stumbled over a word, a surprised, girlish snicker arrived; rattling up the rest, ”’balms for bites! Don’t forget to bring us your dying! Remember to retrieve your dead!’ A bit macabre, but perhaps that is attractive to most kru, no?” And even if it wasn’t, Aure knew she’d be prone to announcing such, only if it weren’t for Rose’s sensible presence here on the cliffs. Then again, where war was an uneasy stagnancy, there were always sparrers and skirmish-ers and hunters to tend to.
Messages In This Thread
might as well ask what makes a star - by Andraste - February 20, 2019, 02:48 PM
RE: might as well ask what makes a star - by Rose - February 26, 2019, 01:09 AM
RE: might as well ask what makes a star - by Andraste - February 26, 2019, 05:54 AM
RE: might as well ask what makes a star - by Rose - February 26, 2019, 11:45 AM
RE: might as well ask what makes a star - by Andraste - February 26, 2019, 01:35 PM
RE: might as well ask what makes a star - by Rose - February 26, 2019, 02:10 PM
RE: might as well ask what makes a star - by Andraste - March 05, 2019, 01:04 PM
RE: might as well ask what makes a star - by Rose - March 05, 2019, 01:54 PM
RE: might as well ask what makes a star - by Andraste - March 10, 2019, 09:54 PM