Arrow Lake and over seas to look upon her face
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
lmao it’s chill ive had so many saved drafts, most of my posts are a mess this week

All of that which Blodreina said, Aurëwen listened to quietly. Just as others assumed that the cheka had departed out of callous disregard for his family, the silver assumed it was something different entirely. But they would never know, whether or not he returned and told them himself.

And, yes — he would miss precious time with their children, that much she knew was true. So Aure did all she could to amend that in her own way: the Trig, any little once-upon-a-time tales her cheka had told her; of how warriorsome he was, and how he’d admitted to her he breathed for it; any silly little exchange between them in their earlier days together. Only several months ago... and so much had changed since then. 

”Please know, this... your words, and Mahler’s, it’s— so much consideration, and I am grateful,” were the throaty words, squirming past her heart that hindered her voice. “I mean to say, I am grateful for your honesties. Your companionship.” They’d never mended things, at least somewhat, when... she thought they would. “Each day I spend with our children is an immense balm, truly. And I know that their father, and Diaspora, wouldn’t wish me to... to mope,” a weak laugh at that which she thought to be true.

Aure shook her head, tried to take a steadying breath. A day for the three of us. ”I suspect ze little wanheda wouldn’t like such miserable company, either,” she croaked, voice a little hoarse now, but she still tried to smile for the fierce, fluffy bairn; still speaking to Reina, though. “You told me once that fos goufas are... well, are chosen by ze commanders of ze past? I don’t remember most of it, but, she already seems quite worthy.”
Messages In This Thread
RE: and over seas to look upon her face - by Andraste - May 19, 2019, 03:52 PM