Stone Circle I love you, you idiot
Pledged
Dragonspine
fine as any blade
432 Posts
Ooc —
he was thundering through the bay laurel, a cacophony of snapping trees and leaves following in his drumbeat wake. his long snout pierced through the serrated edges of palm and barberry like the darted edge of a dagger as he exploded through the jungle, yellow and reptillian eyes sharply focused ahead. he followed heavily the fleeing form of an iguanodon whose tail swayed wildly back and forth as it split into a panicked quadriped gallop.

he thundered through the jungle not on four legs but two powerful therapodian limbs; he was thirty feet in length, possessed two powerful forearms armed with heavy one-foot long claws, weighed nearly two tons, possessed a crocodilian snout full of conical dagger teeth, and a tall neural crest that fanned halfway down his spine: he was the indomitable baryonyx (baryonyx walkeri); coastal carnivore and local terror of the cretaceous rainforest that knew no rival. 

the iguanodon before him ran blindly through viper-green vines and he lunged, splintering palm saplings and trodding thick ferns underfoot with each colossal step. with a dart, the iguanodon scrabbled over a moss-lidded tree and he pounced with a guttural snarl, full weight upon the bough as his scything claws scrabbled for the fleeing lizard. the bough, rotted and older than even him, gave way with a groan -- with a snort and a plummet, the monstrous theropod fell into a darkened pit. this pit, unseen due to the tangle of vines and lush ferns, fell a staggering two hundred feet: an old fault line from an ancient earthquake some two million years before. he fell and he fell into darkness, splintering into scattered pieces in the unfathomable black, his eyes seemingly forced shut forever.

until now.

some one hundred and thirty million years later, he awoke and was pulled abruptly from the black void. he was different, but it was still him -- a terrifying predator packaged neatly into the harmless form of a newborn suckling. he took his first breaths in greedy gulps and his stumpy limbs waved blindly, but he walked this earth once more. he of course, recalled nothing of his previous life -- how swiftly the interminable ages passed between when he had taken his first breath and his last, and here he was again, reborn in the form of a furry little whelp.
Messages In This Thread
I love you, you idiot - by Piper - June 04, 2019, 05:35 PM
RE: I love you, you idiot - by RIP Valette - June 05, 2019, 02:14 PM
RE: I love you, you idiot - by Piper - June 05, 2019, 03:14 PM
RE: I love you, you idiot - by RIP Valette - June 05, 2019, 03:33 PM
RE: I love you, you idiot - by Laurel - June 06, 2019, 07:07 AM
RE: I love you, you idiot - by Indra - June 06, 2019, 08:29 AM
RE: I love you, you idiot - by Piper - June 07, 2019, 11:07 AM
RE: I love you, you idiot - by RIP Valette - June 10, 2019, 02:27 AM
RE: I love you, you idiot - by Laurel - June 10, 2019, 05:51 PM
RE: I love you, you idiot - by Charles - June 10, 2019, 05:56 PM
RE: I love you, you idiot - by Louie - June 11, 2019, 11:16 AM