Ravensblood Forest There's something in the way I wanna cry
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,524 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Everything about him was so quietly sad.  Usually she found it a challenge, something endearingly meant to be cheered away, no matter how much she might fail at it most time they met.  Today though she found it comforting, because the way he spoke was the way she felt, and it meant she could drop some of the usual bravado.  He wasn't turning away from her own sadness because it seemed like he understood it.

Maybe, she answered, softly also.  She didn't want to remember him any way other than how he'd known him recently, and now her last thoughts of him got to be their night with the fireflies.  He knew my mom and dad, from before.  He was their friend too, and being friends with him, it was easy to pretend like they aren't gone too.  She frowned, and her breath started to hitch up again.  That's dumb, he was a super awesome friend and this sucks.  But it sucks more because it's just... I thought I was okay.  More with the tears.  But I'm not.

It was a re-opened wound, a reminder that everyone died and that most of her family likely had.  Some had for sure.  With Wildfire and Charon went another few links, and what if something happened to Wraen?  Or Terance, or Sarah?  There were so few people in this place she cared about, and as they disappeared, she felt her optimism cracking with them.  If anything happened to Wraen... she didn't know what she'd do.  She didn't know who she was without her sister.
Messages In This Thread
There's something in the way I wanna cry - by Maia - June 16, 2019, 12:30 PM
RE: There's something in the way I wanna cry - by Maia - June 16, 2019, 01:06 PM
RE: There's something in the way I wanna cry - by Maia - June 16, 2019, 03:27 PM
RE: There's something in the way I wanna cry - by Maia - June 19, 2019, 11:18 AM
RE: There's something in the way I wanna cry - by Maia - July 20, 2019, 10:26 AM