Stone Circle you'll want all my broken parts, they complete my puzzle nonetheless
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
permission to skip kiran was given!

Greybacked watched the youths awe through a half lidded gaze. And when he spoke, Greyback was slightly surprised by his even tone. Many others seemed to cower, bow even in his presence— but not this lad. He held himself steadfast, something that the Patriarch had yet to decide if it was stupid or brave.

He listened to the boy—Awol's story, and as he went on Greyback felt a pit of sympathy deep within his heart. He couldn't bare the thought of hurting his children, raising them up such a fashion that would surely cripple them for years to come. But this whelp, this yearling, admitted to running away and Greyback thought, perhaps once more, that was a smart idea or a stupid one.

"Im saddened to hear your story, young Awol." He started, his voice still deep and flat, accompanied with a stone expression. "But Winter is coming, as you said yourself—And my mate and I cannot spare our prey for anyone else; We have our own mouths to feed." He shook his head. He wouldn't tell this stranger that they are on the brink of starvation, hindered by the earthquakes that drove everything but themselves out.

"Go North of here. There is a pack, Lost Creek hollow. Perhaps they could take you in." And with that the giant turned to leave, his tail flicking behind him. He didn't spare anymore glances to the boy or Kiran, but did stop in his tracks for a final bidding. "I pray that you'll find a better life."

Messages In This Thread
RE: you'll want all my broken parts, they complete my puzzle nonetheless - by Greyback - October 27, 2019, 02:11 PM