Neverwinter Forest i hate my last name. i hate everything it stands for
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
There was that beat, then Cupid spoke. 

Um what. No, that was not supposed to be one of the answers. He gawked, unable to find the right words to that unexpected turn. What had just happened? He moved forward to keep up, walking at Cupid's side but with space between them this time, looking at him and waiting for a real answer. Did he really mean that? He slowly started dropping behind farther as they went, but never more than a few yards. He kept hoping, expecting, Cupid to turn around and say something. He didn't.

When the borders came back into sight, that was when it was Mal's turn to feel sick. Was he really just going to let Cupid go? No, he had to try, please.  He bounded forward, not entirely cutting off Cupid's path but definitely getting a bit in the way so Mal could stare him down with all the anxiety and anguish starting to brew in his gut. Stop -- please. Tell me why. Tell me-- Tell him why everything wasn't good enough. Why Cupid was making the choice that one of the parents wouldn't be in the kid's life. Why the hell he was gonna torture Mal with the knowledge that somewhere out there was his kid, where Mal couldn't help. He wasn't supposed to be having this conversation in the first place, but it wasn't supposed to be going like this if it did.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i hate my last name. i hate everything it stands for - by Mal - January 31, 2020, 11:55 AM