Sleepy Fox Hollow Really too late to call so we wait for morning to wake you
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
His reaction put her in an impossible place. She couldn't stay here, not with how things were with Mahler, and she had a responsibility to her family back home to provide a place free of Shila's rule. But she also had a responsibility to her son. She wanted to tell him nevermind, that she would stay and figure it out just to ease his upset, but she knew she couldn't do that. If she stayed, she would not be the leader Diaspora needed and she would be letting the rest of her family down. It was her fault, after all. Sadiq had never come out and said it, but he hadn't needed to; she knew that if she had still been home, Shila never would have been able to take over. 

She shook her head. I'm sorry son, but I can't stay. This is just how it has to be, she said, trying with some difficulty to keep her voice steady in the wake of his plea. Come with me, she urged, taking a step closer to him. I don't want to do this without you. Her gaze softened. How could she leave here without her son? The one child she still had left. It would literally break her to do it, but she wouldn't force him.
Inuttuk
Common

Messages In This Thread
RE: Really too late to call so we wait for morning to wake you - by Takiyok - February 04, 2020, 02:24 PM