Great Bear Wilderness under construction from conception to death
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
He had been dismissive of the third virile male; perhaps he only had eyes for his brother, love-hungry and family-starved as Revui had become, they were not a threat and had not poised themselves in such a way. Their escape left the two combatants alone to quarrel over the woman. As Arcturus' attention drifted to the departing shadow, Revui moved closer—boldly so.

The tumult of emotion between them was heightened by the animal instinct they shared. He felt his blood running hot in his veins, and on any other day he would have gladly thrown himself at his opponent and jousted with his teeth, or battered them down in to submission, merely for the enjoyment. Revui did not enjoy any of this, though—not the look upon his brother's face, nor the certainty that brewed within himself that heralded, 'I will take what I want.'

Then came the snap. The silence broken by the sound of a body shifting, of teeth whispering through air, and the sound of fangs clattering as Revui instinctively bore a defensive grimace and parried the lunge. He was not as swift as his brother; while Revui had been roaming the wilderness it was Arcturus who had rooted himself to the mountain and honed his skills among their family—he was always the swifter of the pair, slick and sharp, and with pure intentions to direct him there was truly no contest between the brothers.

Revui knew this, yet he did not back down. He made his own lunge—aiming for his brother's face, the equal and opposite force. Adrenaline and arrogance might have fueled Revui now, as he was so focused on his brother that he ignored Ying's shallow pleas and nimble withdrawal.

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

Messages In This Thread
under construction from conception to death - by Ying - March 16, 2020, 09:05 PM
RE: under construction from conception to death - by Revui (Ghost) - March 18, 2020, 12:16 PM