Bearclaw Valley Order from chaos
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
She seemed... disappointed by his answer. It did not change him in any way, aside from registering as familiar. He let many people down thus far in life and it didn't change much. The moment faded quickly enough. She either stowed her own opinion or dismissed it for the time being, and moved closer to him—something he hadn't anticipated. As Galena inspected the fur of his neck he watched her with some care, just in case. She was full of questions.

Everyone seemed to want to know more about one-another, here. Names, histories, family ties.. What good would knowing any of that do for them? Revui did not care to know such things about his fellow wolf and could not fathom why anyone would be so probing; but he was also growing adapted to these questions. He chose to humour her.

I watch the borderlands. I hunt when I grow bored of that, or spar with the other men. Before this... It was much the same, except he wasn't merely a body to throw before an enemy, he was a prince, blood-bound to a mountain which has now forgotten him. I was born to the west. My father lorded over a mountain—Moonspear. The words flowed from him easily, lacking emotion, as cold and distant as those far-off peaks. After a pause he reflected on his answers, then turned it around to her.

And you?

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

Messages In This Thread
Order from chaos - by Galena - April 23, 2020, 11:26 PM
RE: Order from chaos - by Revui (Ghost) - April 24, 2020, 12:25 AM
RE: Order from chaos - by Galena - April 30, 2020, 11:47 PM
RE: Order from chaos - by Revui (Ghost) - May 02, 2020, 03:47 PM
RE: Order from chaos - by Galena - May 02, 2020, 08:11 PM
RE: Order from chaos - by Revui (Ghost) - May 04, 2020, 01:19 PM
RE: Order from chaos - by Galena - May 06, 2020, 06:53 PM
RE: Order from chaos - by Revui (Ghost) - May 20, 2020, 02:08 AM
RE: Order from chaos - by Galena - May 21, 2020, 01:40 AM
RE: Order from chaos - by Revui (Ghost) - May 21, 2020, 11:07 PM