Chimera Fields You know me as the girl who plays with fire
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Another vague answer to her question, which didn't really surprise her. She was persistent, but she didn't necessarily think this situation called for it. So she nodded and let it go. Whatever his reason for being surprised, she didn't think he was going to tell her, and she didn't want this to turn into something uncomfortable. Eventually, though, she might not be so accommodating, especially when it came to the more important questions. 

Besides, he quickly covered over the awkwardness with an interesting question. There's a glacier that shares our northwest borders, she explained. I've been exploring it a lot lately...I like it there, she finished with a shrug. Her stuff was weird, yet she freely offered it. But she was getting ahead of herself because it wasn't exactly like she was an open book, and perhaps that was why she was fairly lenient when he dodged her questions. 

He coughed and turned his head, spitting bone remnants in the other direction as she watched with concern. But when he turned back, she immediately went back to eating, afraid it might make him feel weird. She shook her head and smiled, hopefully assuring him that he had no reason to be sorry. And to his next words, she laughed. You're good at dodging my questions, she pointed out before quickly adding: And you are interesting; that's why I want to know things about you. Did he really not see that? 

Her ears perked up when he mentioned signing. She ignored the part about him thinking his stuff was embarrassing, because it wasn't true. He hadn't mentioned signing since the first time they met. Come to think of it, he hadn't even sang a note since then, at least not in her presence. You make up your own songs? she asked. I'd like to hear one...sometime. Whenever you feel up to it. She had a feeling he wouldn't humor her now, so she gave him an out if he wanted it.
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
You know me as the girl who plays with fire - by Simmik - April 24, 2020, 03:52 PM
RE: You know me as the girl who plays with fire - by Simmik - April 24, 2020, 07:35 PM