Lone Star Mountain you make my heart spin sorrow into silk
Another gust ripped past the pair as Polaris also stopped and scooted a bit closer. They didn't touch nor did his eyes leave the view to acknowledge their closeness, but he couldn't help but feel a bit warmer from the electricity that bounced off the dove and seeped into his flesh. By the time his gaze had shifted Polaris spoke, her words making him wonder if she had inadvertently read his mind. He was surprised to hear that she believed they didn't deserve something pretty, but truthfully the woodland boy had never compared his worth to the world. West had lived too long in his own world with his own beliefs where all was happy and carfree despite the obvious horrors that had occurred around him. He had never been blind to it, but perhaps the dangers never truly sunk in as deep as they should have, shrugged off with the days passing and on to the next thing with his mundane life. 

The laugh that came from her was also a surprise, and though she wasn't looking at him, West could tell something was wrong. The dove shifted awkwardly, was she uncomfortable? The way she bit her lip only solidified that thought. Was it him? Perhaps he had been staring for too long, but right as he was about to look away she turned to him. West blinked confused by her words which only further showed as he tilted his head. He wasn't sure what he was expecting to hear, his thoughts having run wild in the few seconds that passed before her confession told him that the girl was someone entirely different, the friendship they had built up in their days of travel a thing of weaved tales, but...that wasn't it.

In many ways the truth was a relief for it didn't really change anything between the two, but hearing how her and her family had been tossed from the peaks drove a thin spike of fear through his own heart. West couldn't keep his gaze from shifting down towards the base of the mountain at her words. The chances of an event like that repeating was low, or at least he was pretty sure it was. The last of the quakes had happened long ago, almost erased from his memory with time, but who was he to predict when the Earth groaned. Knowing just how great the distance was now the woodland boy wasn't sure how anyone in the dove's family survived, surely if it was he who had fallen he would have been the same as a fallen tree. 

West wasn't quite sure what to say, though now he really couldn't blame her for running from the reality she believed in. Hell what would he have even done if their spots had been swapped? A nervous laugh escaped him as she finished, a newfound confidence in her voice as her words were carried into the air, You're a lot stronger than you look. He'd never admit it out loud, but part of him was certain he'd never climb something so tall again after plummeting to the bottom. For someone so set on being the barrier of his family, West hated the thought that someone as small as Polaris was stronger than him. Truly, he still had a lot to learn.

Her gaze eventually shifted back to him causing embarrassment to flood his cheeks. Had she heard his thoughts again? The boy's ears fell back at the thought even though he knew full well that the chances of a mind reading wolf existing was probably nil. Still, it was his turn to pull his glance away looking back to the scene before them as Polaris continued. S'fine. The idea of visiting another pack had been exciting, but he was just glad to finally see some of the world past Easthollow. Again West wasn't sure what to do with the information. He couldn't imagine his father leaving for another family. It was a horrible thought that he would try to forget his kids. He doesn't sound like a good dad. Maybe it had been inappropriate to say, but the thought had slipped out before West had the chance to filter it. Hell they all looked for Clay when he disappeared and when Newt left to find Clay, Greyback followed. Wasn't that what family was suppose to do? He too wished to join their search, but that would have left his mom and Leta alone. West knew better than to do that, he had seen how everything affected her. Sorry— I know I don't know him, but that would never be ok in my family. Clay disappeared when we were little, I guess he was kidnapped I don't know a lot of the details, but... we all looked for him. Our brother Newt is still looking, I don't think he knows Clay is home now. We haven't heard from him in a while so our dad is currently searching for him.
#008000 , PawprintWest's Playlist 10/10* 2/10, * = incomplete threads
Messages In This Thread
RE: you make my heart spin sorrow into silk - by West Tyree - June 03, 2020, 05:11 PM