Neverwinter Forest People tell me I'm a legend
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Some vague PP for @Caerus since Summer has gone to bed? Just LMK if you want me to change it!

Little of column A, little of column B with a big side of genuinely thinking Cupid wouldn't care? Nobody would accuse Mal of being smart about social stuff. He just wasn't. And he really hadn't expected this response. So much for everything he'd done to try to fix things. Now where were they? But he could only hold out for so long, and even as he turned away, there was that sag across his shoulders. It all hurt.

Mal did his best to seem kind of normal when he found Caerus, but it wasn't his greatest deception in the world. Hey kid. You're gonna finish that up at the den. Dad wants you. He nuzzled the top of the boy's head, fear spiking as he wondered if now Cupid really would take his son away. You gotta be really nice to him tonight, okay? Our talk didn't go so good. It's okay if he's mad at me for a while, I already said I was sorry. And I still love you, that doesn't change a thing. He had to take a breath there, I'm glad we got to hunt today. Let's go. And another nudge to get him moving if it was needed.

A quiet good night to his son once they arrived, then he gave Cupid a long, drawn expression. Mal knew he'd messed up. He'd accepted that. There wasn't anything else now he could do but wait and see. So for now, he turned and headed back into the forest.
Messages In This Thread
People tell me I'm a legend - by Mal - June 22, 2020, 12:01 AM
RE: People tell me I'm a legend - by Cupid - June 23, 2020, 02:05 AM
RE: People tell me I'm a legend - by Mal - June 23, 2020, 06:12 PM
RE: People tell me I'm a legend - by Cupid - June 24, 2020, 01:10 AM
RE: People tell me I'm a legend - by Mal - June 24, 2020, 01:44 AM
RE: People tell me I'm a legend - by Cupid - June 24, 2020, 02:25 AM
RE: People tell me I'm a legend - by Mal - June 24, 2020, 02:52 AM
RE: People tell me I'm a legend - by Cupid - June 24, 2020, 03:15 AM
RE: People tell me I'm a legend - by Mal - June 24, 2020, 04:12 AM