Neverwinter Forest i hate my boyfriend
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
She felt partially responsible for what had gone down between Mal and Cupid the night before. She had urged him to talk to everyone and be honest about everything, and if she had minded her own business, things might be different. But she just had to meddle. Now Mal was upset and afraid that Cupid would leave with Caerus. 

She hadn't slept the night before; after Mal had left to go see Aibreann, she had also left and spent most of the night near the borders as if she might catch Cupid leaving and try to talk him out of it. But she had ended up spending the night alone, stewing and growing more anxious over the whole thing.

So when the dark of night finally started to fade, she was no longer rational; she was going to just go and check on Cupid and Caerus, pretending to bring them food but really making sure they weren't leaving. 

She had stopped at a cache on the way and held a two rabbits in her jaws, one for each of them, as she approached the place they were staying. But she never made it to the den. The sight of Cupids crumpled form near a tree just ahead made her freeze. The rabbits fell from her mouth and landed at her feet with a light thud. For a second, she thought he might just be sleeping, but then he seemed to be struggling and she dashed forward. 

That was when she heard Caerus—had he been there before? And then he was sinking against his dad and wrapped in his hug. Simmik froze. She wasn't much older than he was when her own father had died, bloody and right before her eyes. Her heart began to race and she tasted bile in the back of her throat. So much of the trouble in her life was tied to that exact moment, and all she could think then was that she didn't want that for Caerus. She touched her nose gently to the boy's head. She wanted to lead him away, but she was afraid she was too late. She didn't know what to do other than call for Mal, so she leaned her head back and howled for him. Once he was here, she could lead Caerus away and try to console him. Until then, she looked over Cupid, unsure how to help him. Cupid? she said quietly. How could she help? She didn't even know what was wrong.
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
i hate my boyfriend - by Cupid - June 24, 2020, 05:48 AM
RE: i hate my boyfriend - by Caerus - June 24, 2020, 12:43 PM
RE: i hate my boyfriend - by Cupid - June 24, 2020, 01:30 PM
RE: i hate my boyfriend - by Caerus - June 24, 2020, 01:45 PM
RE: i hate my boyfriend - by Simmik - June 24, 2020, 02:13 PM
RE: i hate my boyfriend - by Mal - June 24, 2020, 03:05 PM
RE: i hate my boyfriend - by Cupid - June 26, 2020, 01:47 AM
RE: i hate my boyfriend - by Caerus - June 26, 2020, 03:51 AM
RE: i hate my boyfriend - by Simmik - June 26, 2020, 09:45 PM