Stone Circle And I'm still scared of growing old
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,139 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Master Medic
To say that the sight wasn't a pretty one was an understatement. Arlette wasn't even seeing it. She had been recovering and unable to really say goodbye to her loved ones. The scent lingering around the corpses had not been registered by the female anymore. It was a sad sight, as the female had given up a little bit. She felt left behind and kept wondering why she was spared. She wanted to be with them. There were moments that her mind was more clear, and there were times everything was fuzzy. Arlette had been sleeping a lot as well, her body needing the rest to recover.

Her ear twitched as she heard someone approach. She curled closer to the bodies and let out a low warning growl. She was done with her mother checking up on her. Though, there was not a direct approach. Her mother was always very direct and tried to nudge her away or make her wake up. This approach was different. The female slowly turned her head to see a dark shadow approach, small and petite. Oryx. The kind female that was also into medicine. Arlette's ears flopped back apologetically, especially when she saw the meal the other brought.

The pale female's stomach growled loudly. It was far too kind of Oryx to bring her food. Arlette slowly battered her red eyes at the other female. Her approach had been so respectful and Arlette had really liked that. She now noticed the root by the fish. Tears sprung into her eyes, mostly because she was reminded about how good of a day that was. She had enjoyed being pregnant for a moment and had loved learning from the dark female. Now there had been hardly any good days.

Arlette reached for the root, a low wince coming from her as the wounds on her neck limited her from stretching it too far. The wounds really did need to be cleaned. She needed to be cleaned. But she didn't want to leave them alone. Afraid her mother would take them away when she wasn't watching. Arlette chewed on the root, feeling like she really did need it. It was a strange taste and quickly started on the fish, a prey she ate little off. "You are too kind," her voice croaked, still a bit raw from the crying. Still touched by the kindness of a relative stranger. Still, Arlette savored it since she needed it. Her ears flopping back, a bit embarrassed about her situation. She took another bite from the fish, feeling a bit calmer and in less pain as the root started to do its job.
Messages In This Thread
And I'm still scared of growing old - by Arlette - June 25, 2020, 03:02 PM
RE: And I'm still scared of growing old - by Oryx - July 04, 2020, 04:06 PM
RE: And I'm still scared of growing old - by Arlette - July 05, 2020, 06:09 AM
RE: And I'm still scared of growing old - by Oryx - July 05, 2020, 01:54 PM
RE: And I'm still scared of growing old - by Arlette - July 05, 2020, 03:27 PM
RE: And I'm still scared of growing old - by Oryx - August 05, 2020, 11:24 AM
RE: And I'm still scared of growing old - by Arlette - August 23, 2020, 09:54 AM